Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

161 - 180 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
One of the things I have a problem with doing this is there any corrosion control here? I mean the factory seal will be broken. Has anyone had any leaks or problems with it? I would like to do it, I may seal it on the inside with something.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
One of the things I have a problem with doing this is there any corrosion control here? I mean the factory seal will be broken. Has anyone had any leaks or problems with it? I would like to do it, I may seal it on the inside with something.
Depends on the type of gasket used and how well it seals, but you won't have any problems using the OEM Honda rubber grommet and plug listed earlier in the thread: http://www.crzforum.com/forum/88199-post50.html

The parts come off an Acura Integra and Honda Civic and they're designed specifically to seal that hole.

·
CORRUPT
2,352 Posts
For reference, Alloy+Carbon makes wiper delete plugs for the CRZ/Element. I already ordered one, it's nice to know that they are made for the car and not a sink hole.

Honda Element/ CRZ rear wiper delete plug

They also make different shapes and colors.
I think these are the same ones that you can buy on eBay that we discussed in this thread here:

http://www.crzforum.com/forum/exterior-modifications/11339-rear-wiper-delete-plug-find.html

I have the gloss black rounded shape one and I can't say enough good things about it. Still looks great and no leaks after two years.

·
1,322 Posts
Has anyone taken this mod as far as replacing the wiper stalk so there is no more rear wiper control? I figure without the wiper, the mister is useless, so why still be able to control it? I may attempt this soon.

The part number is 35256-TA0-A02 for the curious or ambitious.

I pulled it from the European CR-Z parts catalog where there is no rear wiper. It is the same stalk as a 2011 US Civic GX, and has all of the same controls minus the rear tip and is a direct swap. I'll post when I attempt the continuation of this mod.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Has anyone taken this mod as far as replacing the wiper stalk so there is no more rear wiper control? I figure without the wiper, the mister is useless, so why still be able to control it? I may attempt this soon.

I pulled it from the European CR-Z parts catalog where there is no rear wiper. It is the same stalk as a 2011 US Civic GX, and has all of the same controls minus the rear tip and is a direct swap. I'll post when I attempt the continuation of this mod.
IMO unless I get the EDM glass, I may eventually put the wiper back on... I try not to make thing completely permanent. The only reason why I would remove the control is if I accidentally hit it, but surprisingly, I have never accidentally hit it.

·
1,322 Posts
IMO unless I get the EDM glass, I may eventually put the wiper back on... I try not to make thing completely permanent. The only reason why I would remove the control is if I accidentally hit it, but surprisingly, I have never accidentally hit it.
Well the stalk is only as permanent as you want it to be. I can put the stalk back on when I put the wiper back on, if ever the case may be. To each his/her own. :)

·
Registered
437 Posts
You could use a pin/needle to redirect the mister at overly-aggressive tailgaters. :p

·
Registered
124 Posts
For reference, Alloy+Carbon makes wiper delete plugs for the CRZ/Element. I already ordered one, it's nice to know that they are made for the car and not a sink hole.

Honda Element/ CRZ rear wiper delete plug

They also make different shapes and colors.
Picked up this one a couple weeks ago, came all the way from Greece! Perfect fit, and man, I love the look. I probably could have made it myself, but for $35, i have no complaints. :cool:

·
CORRUPT
2,352 Posts

I have the 35256-TA0-A12 stalk and it works great. I think this actually is a better choice than the 35256-TA0-A02 stalk, because it retains the INT wiper speed control. From what I can tell, the 35256-TA0-A02 does not have that. It only has OFF, HI, LO, INT and pull to MIST. A12 has all of those plus the INT speed control twist ring.

·
1,322 Posts
I have the 35256-TA0-A12 stalk and it works great. I think this actually is a better choice than the 35256-TA0-A02 stalk, because it retains the INT wiper speed control. From what I can tell, the 35256-TA0-A02 does not have that. It only has OFF, HI, LO, INT and pull to MIST. A12 has all of those plus the INT speed control twist ring.
You are absolutely right! I guess I was looking at the wrong part catalog, because the base model definitely said A02. Maybe the 2011 Europe spec only had variable intermittent wipers in GT form. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hello,
I'm with a VIS Racing carbon trunk now...
I need a plug to block the rear glass cleaner spray thing.
I have a hole there, in France there is no rear wiper.
I have put a tape on the hole, but i would need the thing to properly close the hole.
or the sprayer itself even if i don't bring any liquid to it from the back.

can anyone PM me the part number ? eventually ship it to me (can fit in an envelope)
I can do a paypal.

thanks

161 - 180 of 203 Posts