Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I do whole conversion.

I realy want oem cruise control, but dealer said me, that can install only aftermarket one :( Probably I just need buttons and harmes....

"Auto dashboard lighting" is automatic illumination intensity based on outside light sensor located under front glass at right side.

· Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Hello Guys,

Quick question, is this for the right wing mirror? RHL?

many thanks
Yes, and "LHL" is for the left wing mirror.

· Registered
2 Posts
thanks litz, anyone can provide a link where it's explained or sold by any chance? That's what I thought as well... but the guy i bought the mirror from advertised the part as left wing side... He also strongly believes it's for the left hand side but it does not seem to sit right in the plastic mirror cap if it makes any sense...

many thanks

· Premium Member
6,307 Posts
thanks litz, anyone can provide a link where it's explained or sold by any chance? That's what I thought as well... but the guy i bought the mirror from advertised the part as left wing side... He also strongly believes it's for the left hand side but it does not seem to sit right in the plastic mirror cap if it makes any sense...

many thanks
I have a 2013 U.S. market version of the CR-Z, and it has the larger (wider) wing mirrors, but I know the 2013+ Euro models or the 2010-12 US models--both--are the smaller mirror (width wise.) So, perhaps the picture that you posted is actually different size than what you need. If you could post a FULL picture of the part, with a ruler/measurement next to it--or just open up your right side wing mirror and compare it to that, it might help to see what's up with that part.

I guess it would help to know what you're working with and why.... Are you repairing the left wing or just doing the Folding Mirror mod to it? ITEM9's mirror is the smaller one, as are all others outside the U.S., regardless of model year--but, if you have a 2013+ U.S. version and are trying to mate a narrower sub-assembly to it, that might be the problem you're coming up against.

· Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for this awesome post. Just a quick add from my side. If you plan to install the module to a EDM car, that's no problem and works 100% PNP.

Also if you purchase this in Japan freshly right now you might get a slightly different cable than in this post, but the labeling will be correct: 08V02-SZT-A000
The module likely you will receive is: 08V02-SFE-0M0-01 (different part # but works 100% on the ZF1) - I suggest that Honda Access is giving out universal modules for a broad range of models. If you get the correct cable everything is fine

Also I noticed that the cable has an extra connector and you will get a bridge/pin (the yellow small thingy in the pictures) - Just insert it in there and the whole system works!

Attachments

· Registered
1 Posts
Mirror Assembly Conversion
The mirror frame and mirror wiring harness need to be replaced in your stock door mirror housings to enable them for power folding. The mirrors need to be removed from the door to swap out the frames and new harnesses.

Door Trim & Mirror Removal
  1. Roll the windows down.
  2. Remove the trim pieces at the front and rear of the door glass.
  3. Remove the trim piece behind the door handle.
  4. Remove the cover inside the recess aft of the window switches.
  5. Unscrew the screws exposed in the two previous steps with a Phillips head screw driver.
  6. Remove the window switch assembly by gently prying it out with a trim tool and unplug it.
  7. Unscrew the screw exposed by removing the switch assembly.
  8. Carefully pry off the door trim piece using trim tools. There are (8) green clips holding it in place. There is a slot on the underside of the trim panel where you can start. Some of these clips may break, so having replacements would be a good idea. Unplug the courtesy light as you pull the door trim free.
  9. Unplug the mirror harness from the door harness.
  10. Pop out the mirror lens now while you have it secured to the car. Use a trim tool wrapped in cloth to gently pry it up from the bottom. Carefully unplug the mirror heater connections.
  11. Unscrew the (3) 10mm nuts holding the mirror in place.
  12. Remove mirror assembly from the door.

Door Mirror Disassembly
Once you have the mirror free from the car, the objective is pretty simple: switch out the existing mirror frame for the motorized frame and swap the harnesses. Disassembly is pretty self-explanatory and it's pretty easy to figure out without actually following the steps below. Be careful to not scratch the paint on the mirror housing, so have a towel or something under it while disassembling.

1. Depin the mirror harness connector completely. Take a digital photo of the wire configuration to remember how everything goes back. The wire colors are same for the JDM harnesses.
  2. Remove the red electrical tape from the mirror seal and mirror harness.
  3. Remove the bottom cover on the mirror base.
  4. Remove the (3) T-25 Torx screws exposed from the previous step.
  5. Separate the mirror from the base, carefully pulling the depinned wires through the mirror seal and base.
  6. Remove the (1) T-25 screw exposed from the previous step and remove the adapter piece. This will be reused, so don't forget to attach it to the new mirror frame.
  7. Remove the (4) Phillips screws securing the black mirror bezel to the mirror housing and remove it from the mirror assembly.
  8. Remove the (3) Phillips screws securing the mirror actuator to the frame.
  9. Separate the mirror actuator assembly from the mirror frame and unplug it from the harness.
  10. Unscrew the Phillips head screw on the underside of the mirror housing securing the frame to the mirror housing.
  11. Remove the frame from the mirror housing while unplugging the mirror turn signal from the harness.

Driver side mirror before disassembly shown with lens removed.

Bottom cover removed and the T-25 screws exposed.

Removing the mirror actuator.

Disassemble the mirror down to this point and begin reassembling with the JDM parts. Passenger mirror shown.

Door Mirror Reassembly
The mirror should now be ready for reassembly. It will be reassembled in the reverse order of the steps above, except using the JDM mirror frame and harness. Be sure to remember that the driver's side mirror harness will have a GRAY sheath and the passenger side will have a BLACK sheath. If you switch the sides, the mirror tilt will operate incorrectly. Plug in the the small connector with WHITE and LIGHT GREEN wires to the motorized JDM frame before mounting it to the mirror housing.

When you have the mirror reassembled, repin the loose pins into the supplied connector or reuse your old one if you want. Lots of the wires are different lengths, so snap in the shortest wires and twist the longer wires ones around them to take up the slack, similar to how your original mirror harness is setup. The WHITE and LIGHT GREEN wires can be pinned into the two vacant sockets that are side-by-side on the connector. If you do not have the correct GREEN and YELLOW pins to make a PnP door harness, then you can leave the WHITE and LIGHT GREEN pins loose from the OEM connector to make your own wiring connections.

Once the mirrors are completely reassembled with the JDM parts they can be put back on to the car and bolted down. Leave the door trim off as you need to pull wires through the speaker opening in the next section.

Leftovers... notice how the mirror switch coincidentally plugs into the mirror harness...
Great pics, exactly what I needed. Just a quick question, I just need to remove the Cap Cover on the side mirror. Does this require disassembly of the mirror, etc? I had bought a used drivers side mirror as the PO put in a wrong year one and the connector plug is different, rendering the inside controls useless. I just need to switch the Cap Cover as the one I bought is a different color.

· Registered
13 Posts
Anyone get this mod working recently? I installed everything and followed everything to a T but it seems after the install I cant lock the car from the remote. I can lock the car within the car manually just not through the remote. But the unlock works.

As for the mirrors, the button inside the module seems to be correct but I open and close with my key/ignition.

EDIT: So it looks like I had the 2nd module unplugged. After I plugged it all in and such the lock on my fob was working again.

So now the only issue is that It doesn't work with Lock/unlock even though I have the fuse as mentioned by Item9

EDIT #2: So I unplugged and replugged the module a bunch of times and it worked like a charm. This is a great tutorial!

Any help is appreciated thanks!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts