Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Hello.

Amazing tutorial, really great.

I Recently had a problem with folding mirrors. I what to ask if there is a fuse i can pull off to turn off this feature.

Sorry for my bad English but it's not my nature language.

· CORRUPT
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hello.

Amazing tutorial, really great.

I Recently had a problem with folding mirrors. I what to ask if there is a fuse i can pull off to turn off this feature.

Sorry for my bad English but it's not my nature language.
There is no one fuse that will disable only the folding. Pulling a fuse will disable all power mirror functions and maybe some others if they are on that same circuit.

· CORRUPT
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Actually, speaking of fuses. I recently discovered that if you put a 10A fuse in the B50 position on the under dash fuse box, it enables the mirrors to fold out when you unlock the passenger side door with the key fob. This can be with one or two pushes of the button on the key fob depending on how you have your locks set up. Now I can fold and extend the mirrors endlessly with the key fob!

· CORRUPT
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Just wanted to say "thanks" for publishing all these steps. I had a trucker decide my CR-Z would look better with the shaved look. He generously removed my drivers' side mirror using the tail end of his trailer. Your instructions give me a good look at what installing the replacement parts will be like.

So... thanks!
Glad it helped you out!

The 2014 CR-Z has the folding mirror so parts might be easier to get.
Within the US, there are no differences in mirror folding features no matter what model year is being discussed; all USDM CR-Zs are non-power folding. They only difference between the mirrors of different model years is the outside shape of the mirror for the expanded view lens of the ZF2 refresh.

· CORRUPT
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·

· Registered
445 Posts
if I already own a RHD CRZ
instead of going thru all this trouble to make a PnP harness etc.

what about those auto retract mirror modules that can be found online for $20 USD

whats your thoughts ?

· CORRUPT
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
It's not about RHD or LHD. What matters is if you already have power folding mirrors or not. I did not, so I had to make the harness to connect the mirrors to the mirror switch. The Honda Access mirror kit harnesses are only one way to do this since between the two kits there are plug & play connections to the mirror switch and both door harnesses. If you already have power folding then the Honda Access mirror kits are straight plug & play with no modifications needed.

I have no knowledge about any other modules, because I had never even considered them to be an option for my build, especially when there is already an OEM Honda solution.

· CORRUPT
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Nice. Did you already have power folding mirrors from factory or did you have to do the whole conversion?

Not sure about cruise control since that needs to be tied to the ECU. You might need a cruise control capable ECU, along with buttons and wiring. I also do not know about auto speed wiper conversion. That probably requires a module or a different MICU to enable that since you need a speed signal and whatnot. Not sure what auto dashboard lighting is, so I can't say much about that either.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts