Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to show a performance screen I've been working on. Once it's finalized and I figure out the licencing stuff I'll probably write a DIY guide on it. Overall should cost around 45$ without a screen (using your phone as a display) and an additional 80-90$ for a screen and some kind of mount. Here's a quick preview:

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
505 Posts
That looks awesome, you did an amazing job replicating the car's original gauge style. I imagine it works via OBD2? Also, you say that we can use our phone as a display. Is this done through an app? I think it'd be amazing if I could use my android head unit as a display. Also, I'd personally prefer an oil pressure gauge instead of a tachometer, since we already have one.

Reactions: Fufs

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks awesome, you did an amazing job replicating the car's original gauge style. I imagine it works via OBD2? Also, you say that we can use our phone as a display. Is this done through an app? I think it'd be amazing if I could use my android head unit as a display. Also, I'd personally prefer an oil pressure gauge instead of a tachometer, since we already have one.
Thanks! To answer all your questions: It uses an ELM327 usb adapter connected to a Linux machine (currently my laptop, but in the future a raspberry pi). It runs a web server so anything with a browser can connect to it and you can add any gauge that you want. Tacho is there as a placeholder cuz OBDII protocol doesn't support oil pressure PID (maybe there's an extended one, but i couldn't find any info about it), but I'm guessing since the script that collects data from the car is written in Python and you run this from a raspberry pi, adding a external sensor wouldn't be a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts