Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wavey:

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my DIY for front lip spoiler part # 08F01-SZT-1T0. I did this kind of fast so bear with me.

FYI - Honda instructions
http://www.handa-accessories.com/crz/fus.pdf

1. Take off front bumper by removing all screws and tab/clips.

2. Flip bumper upside down and find the prescribed X marks and use a pick to poke holes through all seven marks.

3. Drill holes wide enough to fit the provided tab/clips for the front lip.

4. Install your front lip.

Should look like this:

5. Re-install your front bumper and it should look like this:

Took me about an hour with stops to take pictures. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
an hour? really?

the honda dealer said they'd charge me 4hours of work to install it cus they had to remove the bumper and all.

still it's too frekin cold for me to do it myself, my garage has my summer car in it and it's not heated anyways.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I did mine this past weekend as well and it only took me about 2 hours but I also installed new horns as well as fog lights. The bumper has way easier to take off and put back on then I thought it would be. I toook mine off then took it inside to drill the holes. I also waxed the bottom of the bumper before putting it back on.

One thing the Scribe marks are very hard to see unless you angle the light as you did. I put on the side spoilers as well and those scribe marks were easy to see without a flash light. Out of both I would say the front spoiler took less time then the sides.

Alex,
Where did you get the tool to remove the fasteners? DO you have a part number? I just used a flat screw driver but would like to have the proper tool.
Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
421 Posts
i pulled the bumper to do mine. i agree it's all pretty easy stuff. the scribe marks were near impossible for me to see. i only found 3 of the 7 scribe marks but the 3 holes allowed me to mount the lip then drill the other 4 holes by hand. no problems.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
flag hours?
we're all used to hourly pay and have heard of salary pay... i won't go into the details of those... he was referring to the way most techs get paid, which is "Flat Rate." this means that a technician gets paid a set hourly rate let's say $45/hr but the hours are not what the clock says... the hours of what that tech gets paid on, is the hours he "flags." that just means that there's a book with a set amount of time to do every job on a car... so to change a bumper might be flagged for 1hr of work... BUT that tech has done that job 100 times so he's familiar with how to change it really fast, let's say it takes him 10 minutes... that tech doesn't get paid for 10mins... he gets paid for the full hour of work... on the other hand, that tech might have a job to do that pays 2hrs of work but he takes 5hrs to do the work... he can't flag 5hrs of work... he has to flag 2hrs...

it has it's ups and downs of course depending on how good you are and how busy the shop is... but essentially, the better you are as a tech the more money you make...

sn: the record i've seen flagged was nearly 280hrs in a 2 WEEK work period... obviously that tech didn't physically work 280hrs in two weeks, but i'm sure he cashed that check haha...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.