Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured that I would throw one of these up quickly as I know that the group buy just came in and the instructions are all in Japanese (with some very poor pictures to boot)

I would say that this is a pretty quick install, took me around 20 mins and that included the time to assemble the tools and take the pics.

ENGINE BAY LOCATIONS:

Below is a quick breakdown of the overall locations for each step, as each photo is zoomed in to show the specific area.

Step 1: Test fit the Kansai Shroud and mark a point on the frame of the car where the screw hole on the left side sits. You may need to temporarily remove the hood stand clip, you can do that by giving it a quarter turn to the right and pulling it away. If you use the NRG dampers (like me) you might not even have it there anymore. You won't need the shroud again until step 6, so put it to the side for the moment or just take a few moments to enjoy the quality workmanship on it.

Step 2: Using a 5/16 drill bit, carefully drill a hole in the section of frame to seat the rubber grommet for the shroud. I tested many bits, starting very small and gradually increasing the hole until I got to the correct size. 5/16 is PERFECT for the size of the rubber grommet that they supply.

Step 3: After drilling and clearing the hole of debris I hit it with a quick 2 coats of plasti-dip to cover any exposed metal (just use whatever you wish to avoid rust. I will probably revisit down the line and replace the plasti-dip with touch up paint.)

Step 4: After the plasti-dip has dried, push the rubber grommet into the frame.

Step 5:
For those with the stock air filter you will need to remove any part of it that fits on to the two bolts on the bottom right of the radiator. For those with the Typhoon, just remove the bolts if you kept them in place, or re-add them if you removed them completely.

Step 6: Position the shroud in the engine bay, you do not need to remove the radiator cap to install it, just slide it under and around, screw down the bolts using an 11mm socket wrench and screw down the Allen screw using the correct allen key from your set. (I did them pretty tight as the shroud was vibrating a lot prior to tightening them fully)

And you're done. I didn't personally use the foam that they provided, couldn't really see anywhere that it would go and actually touch anything, plus the shroud won't shake about at all if you tighten it down well. :cool:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Just did mine too.
Glad you found it useful. I wasn't expecting the instructions to be in English for obvious reasons, however the pictures that they supplied were shockingly bad. I hadn't planned on doing a DIY until I saw the guide that it came with. It's not tough, but the drilling part can put people off for sure.

Thanks for this. Mine arrives Wednesday.
You're welcome, enjoy it when it turns up, quality is top notch.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To be honest it's not a major area, just a fairly thin metal "shelf" in the body that doesn't really seem to do a lot tbh. Just make sure you mark the area first because the shroud can sit very close to the edge and you don't want to break/bend the metal when you drill.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Anyone have issues with these. Just installed mine today and the car wouldn't start. Took it off and starts fine. Back on and won't start. Off now but I'm wondering why mine doesn't want to play nice.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Fixed. It looks like the supplied strip of foam may interfere with a sensor that is located to the right of the hood release - thus preventing the car from starting. Installing this without will solve the problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts