Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

181 - 200 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Anyone ever have any issues with the LED panel replacements not lighting up? The only 2 that aren't installed are the door lights. I think maybe the 194 bulb adapters are faulty. I've tried flipping the contact wires on the socket base and nothing.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Anyone ever have any issues with the LED panel replacements not lighting up? The only 2 that aren't installed are the door lights. I think maybe the 194 bulb adapters are faulty. I've tried flipping the contact wires on the socket base and nothing.
Assuming you tried other bulbs? I have seen some bad bulbs from some suppliers. Use a multimeter to check the current in the sockets? Try applying juice to the bulbs directly to test them?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Assuming you tried other bulbs? I have seen some bad bulbs from some suppliers. Use a multimeter to check the current in the sockets? Try applying juice to the bulbs directly to test them?
Yep. Tried another bulb to. I will fiddle with it again after work

·
Registered
101 Posts
Replaced my dome, door, cargo and LP lights with $15 set of T10 blue LEDs from Amazon.
Looks very cool. Great guide on cover removal, only difference was my '13 dome lights were same as others not the long ones with square led panel, though my set came with 3 of them, don't need em.

http://amzn.com/B005RGNW70

The OEM bulb pulls 0.22A.
The LEDs I DID use are 5-LED T10 type bulbs. Blue LEDs not yet measured, but some white LED bulbs the Amazon dealer sent to me (since I was short to replace all locations), come in at 36mA.
I think brightness speaks for itself. Not insanely bright, but definitely not dim.
The LEDs I DID NOT use (festoons with 8 LED on each bulb...dome lights???) are pulling 0.04A.

License Plate Comparison

Cargo LED comparison

Blue Cabin and Door LED's

·
CRZ-FORUM HATER
1,496 Posts
Like the above post states, the 13+ model uses a 194 bulb for the map light. It cannot be oversized, must be the same length as the oem bulb or it will hit the cover.

However the hatch, rear cargo lights, doors, and backup lights all can accept oversize bulbs, there is plenty of extra room.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
The interior light setup should be the same. I think the only model changes so far have been plastics- front bumper/grille (and fog lights), diffuser, and now the console.

If anyone knows I'm wrong, I'll edit out this post.

I cut down an LED "panel" to use for a cargo light, I think 48 surface mounts or something. When I open the hatch at night, it lights up my whole front yard.

·
Registered
75 Posts
So in BadEx's post he said he needed some extra and also the dome light, so will that kit come with all the lights I need or do I need to seek out some extra ones? And in regards to the LED Panel, how exactly did you do that? I'd be interested to add it myself.

·
Red&Black
5,980 Posts
Like the above post states, the 13+ model uses a 194 bulb for the map light. It cannot be oversized, must be the same length as the oem bulb or it will hit the cover.

However the hatch, rear cargo lights, doors, and backup lights all can accept oversize bulbs, there is plenty of extra room.

You're so smart

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Look around the edges of the lenses, you'll find a divot that's meant for a pry point. Use either a plastic prying tool (Harbor Freight has a five-dollar set that will handle everything) or best, the screwdriver on a Swiss Army Knife- the polishing on them takes the edges down just enough that they're terrific for pulling lenses.

For the rear passenger lights, don't worry about the lens- pry off the mushroom the lens is mounted in, then the bulb holder unfastens from the back. Work on them from outside the car, down through the hatch.

For the cargo light, pry from the front end of the car. I use an LED panel in there instead of a bulb.

I'm waiting for a red LED for the driver's puddle light.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Owners Manual has directions too.
Can you repost the pictures either on here or somewhere else ? The images are broken but I want to do this mod
I've tried looking though the owners manual and it only describes how to access a few of the lights and doesn't provide nearly as much detail as this thread did in it's prime. If anyone can rehost the images or something that'd be super helpful!

·
Super Moderator
4,567 Posts
I've tried looking though the owners manual and it only describes how to access a few of the lights and doesn't provide nearly as much detail as this thread did in it's prime. If anyone can rehost the images or something that'd be super helpful!

Depending on your Model year you can also reference the FSM (Factory Service Manual). I recently had to replace my Backup lights the instructions in the Owners manual were good enough but I have not headed toward the other lights. Usually interior lights there is a slot you can pop the lens off using that slot with a small Screw Driver or other thin plastic tool. Others it is just remove screw and unplug bulb.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Depending on your Model year you can also reference the FSM (Factory Service Manual). I recently had to replace my Backup lights the instructions in the Owners manual were good enough but I have not headed toward the other lights. Usually interior lights there is a slot you can pop the lens off using that slot with a small Screw Driver or other thin plastic tool. Others it is just remove screw and unplug bulb.
Yes I recently acquired a digital copy of the FSM so I'll take a look through it. I tried that technique and successfully removed the light covers for some of the interior lights but the bulbs I purchased didn't work so I'm back to the drawing board. Also, the flood light bulbs were a pain and I couldn't manage to get them out so there's also that lol.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Yes I recently acquired a digital copy of the FSM so I'll take a look through it. I tried that technique and successfully removed the light covers for some of the interior lights but the bulbs I purchased didn't work so I'm back to the drawing board. Also, the flood light bulbs were a pain and I couldn't manage to get them out so there's also that lol.
Didn't work or were they the wrong ones?
The LEDs you got are likely polarity specific (many are). If they don't work when you plug them in, take them out, rotate 180 degrees, and plug them back in. Unless you tried this already. If so, send that crap back. Also, the hatch/cargo light times out, so depending on how long the swap attempt took you may need to close and re-open that to turn the light back on.

181 - 200 of 200 Posts