Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey people, it looks like Photobucket killed my old account out there. The photos I had posted for this are gone, and I don't have them anymore. Sorry... CRaZee

Bulb Size Chart.

Headlights (low beam):
HID- D4S D4S HID Bulbs - D4R HID Bulbs | Lexus Xenon Headlights | HID Light Bulbs *have not tested these yet!
Non EX- H11 96 SMD HID Xenon White H11 H8 H9 LED Driving Lamps Fog Lights Bulbs
Headlights (High beam/ DRL):
HB3 9005 LED Bulbs plus DRL Decoder For Acura Honda Daytime Running Light *have not tested these yet!
Fog Lights:
H11 96 SMD HID Xenon White H11 H8 H9 LED Driving Lamps Fog Lights Bulbs
Front Turn/Park lights:
7443 Dual Color Switch-Back 7443 7444 T20 LED Bulbs For Turn Signal Lights
Side Mirror Turn Signal:
LED
Brake/ Tail Light:
LED
Rear Turn Signal:
3156 18 SMD 3156 3157 LED Bulbs for Corner Light, Backup Light, Tail Light
Rear Side Marker Lights:
194 13-SMD 1210 T10 Car Automobile LED Light Bulbs 168 194 921 2825 I used a 5 SMD light on mine but this site does not have then in red from what I see, but these should work fine and will be brighter. These are behind a red lens so you should use a red LED.
Back Up Lights:
912 360¡ã 38 SMD T10 168 921 912 Bulbs for Parking, Side Door, Back up Lights
License Plate Lights:
194 5-SMD T10 Light Bulbs for Interior Map Dome Parking License Lights

Interior lights:

Dome Lights:
DE31 32mm Festoons

Door, Rear and Trunk Lights:
194 5-SMD T10 Light Bulbs for Interior Map Dome Parking License Lights

· Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.. I just enjoy sharing knowledge. Other people have saved me a lot of time and grief over the years... so I try to do the same! :thumbsup:

· Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Excellent DIY tutorial with pictures.... can you post before and after shots as well with what you replaced the lights with :thumbsup:
There are several other threads that have before and after pics.... as well as a complete list of the bulbs involved. That is why I didn't do that.. most people are just asking questions about how to get to the bulbs... hence my DIY.

Check out

http://www.crzforum.com/forum/do-yourself-articles/1036-diy-door-lights-replacements.html

http://www.crzforum.com/forum/j-racing/1684-t1r-led-dome-interior-lights.html

http://www.crzforum.com/forum/aftermarket-crowd/1879-led-switchback-park-lights.html

Kreapers CR-Z Bulb List
http://www.crzforum.com/forum/aftermarket-crowd/1879-led-switchback-park-lights.html#post13466

· Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got the LED's yesterday and swapped them for the licence plate. Went with 5-LED bulbs.

But they don't work! I tried pulling them and turning the bulbs around but still nothing......
Haven't actually swapped mine yet.. have the LED's.. just need to find time to do it.

Have you got any others that you can test with to see if they work? Or maybe plug the ones you got in the door lights, since they are readily accessible... just to test them? You might of got some bad ones...

· Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just got the dome LED's today. Here is a comparison:

and here it is with both in:

Now I am just waiting for the set of other bulbs to come in to swap out the rest. Took about 3 minutes to change them... hardest part was getting the tape off the bag the new bulbs came in. :)
Looks good!:thumbsup: Did you use the festoon based LEDs? Which ones? Got a link?

· Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Almost forgot to answer - You were right on the money. The two LED's I ordered fail to work in other lighting spots. Odd chance of ordering two bad LED's.

Yes.. that is kind of strange! I would avoid that particular dealer (where you got them) in the future.... :hi5:

· Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I tried your method of changing the licence plate bulbs, it wasnt working and i didnt feel like damaging my car, so i looked at the owners manual, theres a much easier way to get those bulbs out! Just stick a small screwdriver with a cloth up next to the clear lens and pop it out that way, much easier, less potential damage. Swapping the bulbs literally took me 5 minutes. Just thought id post it up.
Cool.. I didnt RTFM! Good info.. will update!

· Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·

· Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I just did this. I got all the LEDs working except for the front. I used every bulb every which way and it just won't light up the LED panel. What am I doing wrong? I'm pretty sure the small bulb is the correct adapter to use.

WTF?

Edit: Looking back at the DIY, I didn't even get a cargo area bulb. WTF??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

PM sent to T1R's rep on here.

Front? Do you mean the Map Lights.. or the Doors?

On the Map Lights.. use the small festoon bulb adapter... and test it before finishing the mount. pop the bulb in, plug in the board.. if it doesn't light... switch polarity on the festoon bulb. I had to do that :rolleyes:! If that doesn't work, they may be bad.

Initially I didn't get the cargo bulb either, and had to complain about it (since it was in the original add they listed). They later told me that they were going to stop sending those.. to cut costs or something. They did send one (same as the map lights... the adapter bulbs, and the LED board).

What did they charge you for shipping? Little tiny box.. and it cost me over $20 bucks...

· Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
If they sent three of those.. then you did get the cargo area light.. those are for the map lights and one for the cargo area. You may also have to switch polarity on the plug for the adapter. You should of also got four of the T10 5 LED bulb? for the doors and "backseat" area?

· Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I only got 4 T10 bulbs. While installing I completely forgot about the cargo area. When I get in there and finish it I'll check out the cargo area.

I switched polarities any which way possible on one of the front lights.

I'm taking today off so maybe I'll get to it.
4 T10's is all you need! Doors and "backseat" area!

The LED panel lights (map and cargo) are kind of weird... I had to play with bulb placement on mine to get them working.. at first they didnt.. then they did! And haven't failed since. Test the LED board by plugging in the T10 adapter into a door light.. and plug the LED board into it.. that way you can make sure the boards are good.

· Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I just sayed screw it and GTFO there to finish it up. You're right, about the cargo, you just don't use a festoon adapter. Got the fronts finished up. I'm not sure I like my LED panel placement. Has anyone found a great spot for the map lights?

Thanks CRaZee! :thumbsup:
Anytime, brother! I will try to get a shot of how I mounted mine.. and post it for you. Works pretty well, but the panels are still a little large for that area behind the lens.

· Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
so can we get a List on the first post of exactly how many of what type of bulbs we need to change all the interior lights + license plate?

i've seen about 3 different lists in this thread and none of them are the same.
Kreaper did the first list I think... and probably the best... I will add what I have to the first post just for you....

· Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Thanks for the advice. I just didn't want to smash the bulbs between my fingers and end up going to the emergency room because I wanted some pretty lights in my car.
I used a small screwdriver to pry mine out.. just catch it on the plastic sticking out of the socket, use your hand as a pivot... shouldn't be too hard. If you have some Hemostats.. they will work too..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.