stop taking me seriously
8,133 Posts

·
stop taking me seriously
8,133 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
It's awesome with the Buddy Club shifter. Shifting is so smooth that calling it "shifting" is an over statement. It's more like you suggest it go into gear. It makes shifting so easy, you might as well be driving an automatic.
I seem to have a problem with first gear when shifting. It wants to stick for some reason. I have to give it a little gas before it will shift into 1st. Not sure if that's a problem or normal? I might grab the buddy club short throw and this NGR carbon fiber knob. Thanks Art, as usual!

·
stop taking me seriously
8,133 Posts
I seem to have a problem with first gear when shifting. It wants to stick for some reason. I have to give it a little gas before it will shift into 1st. Not sure if that's a problem or normal? I might grab the buddy club short throw and this NGR carbon fiber knob. Thanks Art, as usual!
It's normal. Sometimes I just have to throw it into 2nd. It's been discussed before. I think it's something to do with autostop and syncros.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
It's normal. Sometimes I just have to throw it into 2nd. It's been discussed before. I think it's something to do with autostop and syncros.
Okay, good. It scared me the first time because I thought that I was in first all the way and then I heard it grind :police:. It scurd me! Does the short throw fix this issue?

·
BANNED
3,501 Posts
Agreed. I have the issue to and it's predominantly when autostop kicks in.

Okay, good. It scared me the first time because I thought that I was in first all the way and then I heard it grind :police:. It scurd me! Does the short throw fix this issue?
It didn't fix it for me when I had it. Just drop it into second and then go to first usually fixed it though when it happened.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Agreed. I have the issue to and it's predominantly when autostop kicks in.

It didn't fix it for me when I had it. Just drop it into second and then go to first usually fixed it though when it happened.
I did notice it more when I was coming to a red light and throw it into neutral for auto stop to kick in. Makes sense.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thanks a lot for posting this guide ITEM9. I would be lost without it.

Is there anyway to get an idea of the shipping weight on the Rakuten website? I was looking at these wheels, but it looks like the shipping from Tenso can add up quickly. Further, according to the Tenso site, there appears to be a 30kg weight limitation for items shipping to the states.

·
CORRUPT
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks a lot for posting this guide ITEM9. I would be lost without it.

Is there anyway to get an idea of the shipping weight on the Rakuten website? I was looking at these wheels, but it looks like the shipping from Tenso can add up quickly. Further, according to the Tenso site, there appears to be a 30kg weight limitation for items shipping to the states.
That's the thing about this process... you won't know the shipping costs until Tenso has your stuff in their hands. Expect to pay around a $100 for something like a clutch, J's or HKS test pipes, or other "medium" sized stuff. Wheels would probably be about the same for each wheel...

The upside is that you get your stuff FAST and safe. I've been very happy with Japanese EMS.

do I need to follow the process in the op if I want to get an hks la clutch? or is there anyone that has it in the u.s. already?
I got mine from RHDJapan, but you can probably do a little better on price by going through a vendor on Rakuten and shipping through a forwarding service. You also might want to check out ORC clutches too. Or you can just go for the HPD clutch, which is the easiest and less expensive option. No idea on it's power capacity though...

21 - 34 of 34 Posts