Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Need lift?

Thankyou for posting this video. I found it very helpful and now not afraid to remove the bumper. Do you HAVE to put it up on a lift? Because I don't have access to one, but now I really want to do this myself. Thanks again.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Remove the Bumper?????????????????

Why the hell do you guys read the stupid instructions.

The splash guards are not that hard to install. I did not even remove the tires. I did lift it a little with a floor jack to get easier access.

The Factory instructions are only there to scare off the averaged DYI guy so they can charge a ridiculous price to install them at the dealer. :pP:

·
Registered
95 Posts
thx for the video.
I did front.
But, when it went to install rear one, I took out all the screws.
The most difficult thing was how to pull the bumber out of the car.
So, gave up. Put all the screws back.

After viewing video, I will try it tomorrow.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Once you have all the fastners remove, attempt to disconect the light wire before removing the bumper. Have a couple of saw hourses with a blank over them near the car to place the bumper on.

Grab the bumper above the wheel and push down on the bumper near the bottom front of the tail light. Then pull the bumper out and down to unsnap the clips. The bumper is light and can easly be lifted by one person.

Finding the markings on the inside of the bumper can be difficult. Looking from the side helps. Aligning the bumper in the wheel arch can be difficult when putting it back on. The snap nut can slip out of position easly. Make sure it is pushed all the way in and try not to bump it while putting the bumper back on. Use a small screw driver to align it before inserting the screw.

The installation is fairly easy. Just take your time.

·
Banned
651 Posts
This is an easy install. I just did it. 45 min start to finish. It does require two people at the end to get cover aligned right.

The dealers are ripping people off on this one.
The reason they designed them this way is to make money on installation.
No brainer. When you look at a simple revenue comparison, would you as a Dealer rather make it so installation was a breeze and took 5 minutes, the install cost would be like 10 bucks. No revenue.

Instead, the design team said, hey, lets get the dealer to make some revenue on installation, make it more difficult the avg consumer wouldn't want to go thru removing a bumper, and if you want flaps, you have to pay $$$ o the dealer. Easy money for a dealer.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.