Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That vid was sped up though. Most likely will take much longer then 6 mins for a regular joe.

However on a side note, I love the illuminated door sills on mine. I always see if people notice them when the door is opened. If not, i shove their face in it! J/k.

Glad they came pre installed with my crz though!

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
That vid was sped up though. Most likely will take much longer then 6 mins for a regular joe.
The beginning of the video states that it took 48 minutes to do the install. Nice video find BTW.

I was VERY gun-ho about buying these as well as the front lip and rear defuser until I see that they come in 'carbon fiber'. Hasn't Honda realized that CF went out about two years ago. I'll wait until they come out in regular black.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The beginning of the video states that it took 48 minutes to do the install.
Umm ... my comment about it taking under 6 minutes was a joke since the vid was that long (the 48 minutes is clearly stated at the beginning) ... that apparently almost no one got. Guess I should have ended the comment with :sneaky: :grin: or something like that - as dry wit doesn't play well in forums.

If I tried the lighted door sill DIY, it would probably take me at least two hours. Any of you guys that can do it under an hour or close to an hour - hats off!!. I am pretty good at tech work though: can build a basic computer from parts in under an hour.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Umm ... my comment about it taking under 6 minutes was a joke since the vid was that long (the 48 minutes is clearly stated at the beginning) ... that apparently almost no one got. Guess I should have ended the comment with :sneaky: :grin: or something like that - as dry wit doesn't play well in forums.

If I tried the lighted door sill DIY, it would probably take me at least two hours. Any of you guys that can do it under an hour or close to an hour - hats off!!. I am pretty good at tech work though: can build a basic computer from parts in under an hour.
I got your sarcasm David PA! Yeah maybe a :p or a :lol: and a :grin: might lead the audience a little. Although you dont have to use them as much as I do. :hi5:

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Installed mine today.. about the usual hour and a half... little less maybe. The sills are BRIGHT! Easy install!

Also did the floor lights DYI that is on here.... not bad... although lights are pretty dim. But then I havent seen that at night yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had mine done at the Dealership. I was the first to buy a CR-Z so they gave me the install for free.. I love them.. I then replaced all my inside and door lights with Blue LED bulbs and love the way it looks.. I dont have any pics yet of the interior with the blue lights but they look great.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had mine done at the Dealership. I was the first to buy a CR-Z so they gave me the install for free.. I love them.. I then replaced all my inside and door lights with Blue LED bulbs and love the way it looks.. I dont have any pics yet of the interior with the blue lights but they look great.
Where did you get the blue interior lights? That would set off the sills perfecty.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.