Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
101 - 120 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
my uk part arrived today,
on initial impressions it looks exactly like the US part.
However I noticed the uk port on the runners were smaller then the US one due to some excess plastic,
I have bored this out now and have the ports pretty much as big as I can go without causing any structural issue.

for the purpose of the global crz community I will install it soon and see if any difference is noted.

doubt I will get any dyno proof..

·
Registered
13 Posts
all together it cost me £37 uk pounds..
the uk jazz part seems to be exactly the same as the fit part other then the four ports had extra plastic reducing the size of the ports.
I used a filing tool to remove the excess plastic.
fitting was a direct bolt on as to be expected.
I don't think it makes Honda economic sense to have parts for virtually the same engine built differently, the rb1 intake cant be much more different then the rb0 intake and from my investigation the only difference I could see was the port size.

·
Registered
62 Posts
intake installed: i am not happy...
there's a loss in low revs... no big difference in mid revs for my opinion...
same conclusion of exhaust change: low revs loss and a better estetic only...

so if i replace oem exhaust and oem intake i'm sure i will gain a lot at low revs...
rellay no good after the money spent...

for my opinion, if you don't want to tune the ECU, CR-Z is perfect as stock!
K&N air filter is the only good mod bcs u can save money for normal service...
that's all..

Reactions: Civvy

·
Premium Member
8,364 Posts
This is one of the risks you take with modifications like this. Sometimes instead of making the car "better" you make it worse and you do not know till the change is made and the money spent.:frown2:

Thank you for posting your experience.:smile2:

intake installed: I am not happy...
there's a loss in low revs... no big difference in mid revs for my opinion...
same conclusion of exhaust change: low revs loss and a better esthetic only...

so if i replace OEM exhaust and OEM intake I'm sure i will gain a lot at low revs...
really no good after the money spent...

for my opinion, if you don't want to tune the ECU, CR-Z is perfect as stock!
K&N air filter is the only good mod because you can save money for normal service...
that's all..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks for the write up, it gave me the courage and motivation to do it myself today.

Not to brag though, but I think I got a pretty good deal, and a bonus...

I bought my manifold used, and the dismantler apparently couldn't be bothered, so it came with the Fit throttle body still attached, as well as the sensor that causes everybody such annoyance to remove. So, I've got an extra TB to resell to recoup costs, and I didn't have to futz with that danged screw!

:dancing:

At any rate, the swap went pretty easy. After getting it back together, the first drive around the neighborhood was quite an improvement. Maybe different people have different driving styles, but I think I'm really going to enjoy this mod with the extra mid-range oomph.

PS: After the first tank of gas, I've noted no change in fuel economy. We took a four hour round trip drive over the weekend, and I averaged low 40s mpg, mostly two lane highway ~60mph, flat and level (with A/C on for about an hour). In my usage, there is no fuel penalty for the extra oompf.

·
Registered
511 Posts
So I'm ready to join the band wagon on the fit manifold as mine just arrived today. I have seen loads of people on this forum install the fit manifold in place of stock so I assume it is worth trying. I need to remove my manifold in order to adjust my valves this weekend anyways. From what I understand is that basis Tony the one who started this thread was somewhat of a shady vendor if I'm not mistaken. So I guess we will see. I saw the first dyno example but are there other dynos out for before and after this mod?

·
Registered
511 Posts
I believe it was recommended to have an exhaust system, but I'm no expert either. I don't plan on making it to a stage two turbo or super charger level, but I have a K&N Typhoon, tegiwa test pipe and cat back of same diameter as test pipe. I have played around with changing back to stock air box which dampening noise a little, but I get better mpg with K&N surprisingly enough. Here is a pic after I cleaned it up and added a coat of metallic paint. I plan on painting the honda i-vtec the same color as car too. Even if it doesn't do anything at least it will look nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
511 Posts
What is the advantage of this intake change? I am trying to learn why people do what they do so forgive me if this is a silly question.
Supposedly it increases hp I am not 100% sure myself but some other people have dyno'd this if you read above. I like the new look it at least gave. Took it on a test drive and it seems to have more power around 3000-5000 rpm range. Not sure if it was cause I adjusted values and reset my ecu, pcm, and throttle position, but it got a few more mpg (3) when I was riding 20 miles at around 55-60 Mph for relearn procedure. Other then that I like the look that came out of it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I wanna add my experiences here

These should be swapped I rounded a bolt trying to get out the two bolts and I think it was partially due to the manifold not being held by anything else and moving around

4. Remove the 5 bolts holding the intake manifold to the aluminum manifold. (12mm socket)

7. Unbolt the 2 bolts that hold the manifold to the mounting bracket.

And removing the windshield cowl makes the job 100 percent easier and Id highly recommend it

101 - 120 of 154 Posts