Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Recommend 2 persons just like the video- getting the clips to align on both sides under the headlamps can be tedious

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for recommending the site. I have to fix my plastic overlay after a Suburban decided to slide across my front-end when the roads were ice covered in February.
The damage is 95% cosmetic. He had the wheel turned-out and wiped the back side of his front sidewall across my nose, while his ABS chattered madly as he slid by.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Whats the best line on all the parts to replace a front bumper cover? I've looked at everything on an after market site but it doesn't show the quantity for clips, screws etc. Also I'm pretty sure they aren't the most cost effective.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Whats the best line on all the parts to replace a front bumper cover? I've looked at everything on an after market site but it doesn't show the quantity for clips, screws etc. Also I'm pretty sure they aren't the most cost effective.
check out a site like majestic Honda, or bernardi parts and they will tell you how many of each clip you need when searching for parts.

Also, there are no other options for front bumpers, unless you want a c-west kit or something like that.

There aren't many aftermarket options for this car in terms of aftermarket body stuff at all. OEM will be your only cost effective solution.

I have a used front bumper for sale, but if you want it to look perfect it will need a repaint if you mind a couple of scuffs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok rookie question here I think. Are the clips under the headlights part of the headlight assembly or is that some you can replace after the nose is off?

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
253 Posts
Ok rookie question here I think. Are the clips under the headlights part of the headlight assembly or is that some you can replace after the nose is off?
I'm not 100% sure, but I think that it's a separate piece that bolts onto the headlight. It should be easily replaceable, provided you can find the replacement part.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been looking at a lot of the parts diagrams for the bumper cover online and haven't noticed a separate Piece there. I haven't got my nose off yet waiting till I have everything rounded up first.

·
Premium Member
5,916 Posts
I've been looking at a lot of the parts diagrams for the bumper cover online and haven't noticed a separate Piece there. I haven't got my nose off yet waiting till I have everything rounded up first.
The bumper has rectangle shaped holes that slip/clip into a piece that's mounted to the bottom of the headlights on either side. Those parts are listed in the bumper's parts diagram:
71140-SZT-G01 Beam, R. FR. Bumper (UPPER)
71190-SZT-G01 Beam, L. FR. Bumper (UPPER)

The parts noted above, are mounted to the bottom of the headlight(s,) so you must remove the headlight to install/remove them, if they need to be replaced.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts