Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
This space deliberately left blank
2,510 Posts
I think the general consensus has been that the maintenance minder does not tell you to change the CVT fluid as often as you realistically should for best operation and longevity.
That is contrary to your statement about Maintenance Minder.
I must be thinking of my Acura MDX about the maintenance minder not telling you often enough then. @litz seems to have indicated that his CVT was telling him to change at about 30K?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, this post came up after my search of CVT oil change so please don't "old thread" BS me. I have a 2011 CRZ that I changed the CVT fluid (it took 3.4 qts.) and did not change the filter. The uptake (accel) is much better with no "rubber banding" and I used Valvoline CVT synthetic @ $7.50 a quart. The stupid battery assist has woken up and likes this new fluid. All in all A a good experience. FWIW, drained, got new crush washer, added, brought up to temp, shifted several times while stationary, topped off (between the upper dots) and then drove. It has been sooo much better. No matter what your concerns are about the details, THIS FLUID NEEDS TO BE CHANGED REGULARLY!.
It has been one year (7k miles) and I did an oil change and brake pads. The CVT seemed to be going great, no issues and it drives accelerates well. I will maybe change the fluid next year and maybe the filter. This because, the old fluid was VERY dirty and I have changed oil 2x before on other machines just to get all the old stuff out. 'let you know next year.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts