Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'd just like to confirm that this part number is in fact correct, the Honda parts service gave me this number...which is for some cvt strainer.... 25420-rbl-003

I can order the part referenced in the original post on amazon here..... http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Honda-25430-PLR-003-Transmission-Filter/dp/B00GI9NP0O/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1450196008&sr=1-1&keywords=25430-plr-003

HOWEVER amazon is claiming that part DOES NOT fit my 2011 crz ex CVT.

Hopefully you guys can clear this up for me.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
I'd just like to confirm that this part number is in fact correct, the Honda parts service gave me this number...which is for some cvt strainer.... 25420-rbl-003

I can order the part referenced in the original post on amazon here..... Amazon.com: Genuine Honda (25430-PLR-003) Transmission Filter: Automotive

HOWEVER amazon is claiming that part DOES NOT fit my 2011 crz ex CVT.

Hopefully you guys can clear this up for me.
25430-PLR-003 is the correct part# for the filter--same for all model years. The strainer is 25420-RBL-003.

Strainer is #2 in this link:
http://www.myhondapartsstore.com/myhonda/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CR-Z&catcgry2=2013&catcgry3=3DR+EX&catcgry4=CVT&catcgry5=AT+VALVE+BODY&ListAll=All&vinsrch=yes&systemcomp=List All&vinnoT=JHMZF1D65DS003544&trim=3DR / EX&trans=C Speed&view=normal

Filter is #12 here:
http://www.myhondapartsstore.com/myhonda/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CR-Z&catcgry2=2013&catcgry3=3DR+EX&catcgry4=CVT&catcgry5=RADIATOR+HOSE+-+RESERVE+TANK&ListAll=All&vinsrch=yes&systemcomp=List All&vinnoT=JHMZF1D65DS003544&trim=3DR / EX&trans=C Speed&view=normal

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
And this filter connects to the radiator then? Does it even filter ATF fluid if its connected to the rad?
Yes, by my understanding, the fluid is cooled (or warmed) via the radiator, then through the inline filter, and back into the transmission.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Update: I scheduled a trans flush and told the dealer about this filter I wanted installed...of course they had no idea about it. So the guy tells me that the person doing the drain and refill can't install the filter because he is a "express" guy and a "line" guy would need to do it.

He's saying between $150 and $250 for labor....

Also he is claiming that it's too early (46k) to change out this filter.
What do you guys think about this BS? Lol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Also wanted to ask....can this filter be changed after a flush is done? Don't they need to drain all the fluid out in order to get the filter off and on? Sigh. Damn dealer.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Also wanted to ask....can this filter be changed after a flush is done? Don't they need to drain all the fluid out in order to get the filter off and on? Sigh. Damn dealer.
Technically yes, you could change the filter without draining all the fluid and just add CVT fluid to the proper level once you're done. I don't know how much will leak out when you remove the filter though, not all of it but don't know how much you'd need to add once you replaced the filter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I did my wife's 2014 Z last week and all of the above is good information. When I drained the fluid (it pored like a double IPA) I captured as much as I could but I still spilled over at least a cup (US measurement.) So just the old fluid I didn't slop was a full 3.5 quarts. This is either the factory level or what the dealer did at the first service. The dip stick is a little hard to read as one side gets a smear above the full line but the other (bottom) shows a clear line of demarcation. The 3 quarts might just be for the fluid change alone, not the filter. The filter itself doesn't hold the extra 3/4 quart but pulling the hoses just might. The hoses hold a small amount but it also drains whatever cooling reservoir resides in the radiator. Just my theory. Just a bit of additional advice, get the OEM filter. I got one off Amazon that said it was OEM but I doubt it, says made in China. And the nut that holds the filter bracket is 10mm. I hear that they found a massive cache of 10mm sockets when they raided Area 51 so there might be some spares on eBay.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts