Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,639 Posts
When working on Cars without the luxury of a garage on a softer surface you need something to put the jack stands on. I have seen people use plywood squares, Railroad tie pieces, 2x4s, Paving stones, or Etc. to spread the weight over a larger area.
If only I had the luxury of a concrete floor! Lol!!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
When working on Cars without the luxury of a garage on a softer surface you need something to put the jack stands on. I have seen people use plywood squares, Railroad tie pieces, 2x4s, Paving stones, or Etc. to spread the weight over a larger area.
Yeah, I use plywood squares, but, I mean, I still work on hills / not flat surface so it's a bit of a pain to get something completely level. But, I try. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
My take on it is if you cant get 1.5 quarts out because you cant get it leveled, just put back whatever amount you took out. We arnt flushing the trans, just a drain and fill anyway so replacing as much fluid as you can with fresh fluid. Just like some guys dont drain the power steering just suck it out of the reservoir a few times while cycling the fluid in between each time they empty it to get "mostly" new fluid into the system.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts