Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disabling DRL's for USDM cars. I'm not in Canada.

Can it be done? It would eliminate a constant electrical load on the battery.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've installed a supercharger in a weekend before. I think I can handle a wire. ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Years ago the only manufactuer that had day light running lights was Volvo and every time you were on the road other drivers would flay you to tell you that your lights were on. Very annoying!!!!!!

On later models that we had DRL had it's own fuse so you could disable the DRL's by removing it.

Today DRL's are very common so I personality like the look of them so even if it was as simple as removing a fuse then I wouldn't

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kewl. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I'm used to cars having the option to run only park lights in the front at least. Or was that not what you wanted? My CL9 has 3 "settings" for the lights:

OFF = head/tail lights on but no interior or button lights
Park = only park lights in the front but interior and tail lights on (also the only legal combo to use fog lights with in Norway)
ON = Everything on

I've not actually got to play with the CR-Z for more then a few testdrives yet so I don't know how it works there yet. Over here it is illegal to drive without daytime running lights though. I guess the auto setting will be fine. That only runs the LEDs when the HIDs aren't needed? Or did I get that wrong too :p

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Varg... read the thread title. It should be clear. ;)

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AN IMPORTANT UPDATE

While the suggestions above are specific to an 8th gen Civic, the fusebox in the CRZ is laid out in a different fashion. Specifically, fuse 37 as suggested corresponds to the ABS fuse in the CRZ, which is not correct.

The daytime running light fuse is located at position 15, for USDM CRZ's. It is a 7.5A fuse.

Check your local laws and regulations. I'm not responsible for what you choose to do with your car. This is presented for information only.

Information is from the CR-Z USDM online pdf manual, pg 305-306.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Varg... read the thread title. It should be clear. ;)
Still, I'd rather flip the swith one notch then start cutting wires and pulling fuses ;)

...and besides, the daytime running lights on the EDM Z are cool LEDs, so who'd want to disable those :p

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Still, I'd rather flip the swith one notch then start cutting wires and pulling fuses ;)

...and besides, the daytime running lights on the EDM Z are cool LEDs, so who'd want to disable those :p
Varg, I'm talking about US domestic market daytime running lights.

We don't get the LEDs.

I'm not talking about parking lights.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.