Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
141 - 160 of 178 Posts
I find out this on you tube:
Honda CRZ: How to use the Auto Door Locks - YouTube

Its auto lock feature . This is an option for usdm or for the new 2012 model?
Its on the USDM models. You can adjust to lock the doors when the car moves and unlock the doors when you shift into park. You can also adjust the unlock settings to unlock all doors and the hatch with one press on the unlock button on the key as opposed to factory default which is one press unlocks driver door, two presses unlocks passenger door and hatch.

Hi fellas, here's the spec of Malaysian CR-Z which was fully imported from Japan and I did notice some difference with the actual JDM spec. FYI, I'm currently owning a PWP 6MT. I presume most ASEAN countries will have similar spec as well. So I will categorize them as ADM instead:

DRL LEDs
USDM - No
EDM - Yes
JDM - Yes
ADM - No (LED Positioning Lights - 4 LEDs on each headlamp)

Back Seats
USDM - No
EDM - Yes
JDM - Yes
ADM - Yes

Panoramic Glass Roof
USDM - No
EDM - Yes
JDM - Yes
ADM - No

1.5L IMA Drivetrain
USDM - Yes LEA1-MF6
EDM - Yes LEA1-MF6
JDM - Yes LEA-MF6 (note: no 1 at the end )
ADM - Yes LEA1-MF6

6MT (manual transmission)
USDM - Yes
EDM - Yes
JDM - Yes
ADM - Yes

CVT (continuously variable transmission)
USDM - Yes 3.173~0.529, FD 4.20, R 5.666~2.167
EDM - No
JDM - Yes 2.526~0.421, FD 5.274, R 4.510~ 1.725
ADM - Yes (unknown ratios)

Leather
USDM - No
EDM - Yes
JDM - Yes
ADM - No

Red Hazard Button
USDM - No
EDM - Yes
JDM - Yes
ADM - Yes

Push Start Button
USDM - No
EDM - Yes
JDM - unconfirmed
ADM - No

Headlight Sprayer/Washer
USDM - No
EDM - Yes
JDM - unconfirmed
ADM - No

Integrated Turn Indicators
USDM - Yes
EDM - Yes
JDM - Yes
ADM - Yes

Rear (Hatch) Wiper
USDM - Yes
EDM - No
JDM - Yes
ADM - Yes

Different Choice in Navigation
USDM - Yes (1 Option)
EDM - Yes (3 Options)
JDM - Yes (? Options)
ADM - No

Optional Backup Camera
USDM - No
EDM - Yes
JDM - Yes
ADM - No

Gas Door Lock
USDM - No
EDM - Yes
JDM - unconfirmed
ADM - Yes

Power Folding Mirrors
USDM - No
EDM - Yes
JDM - unconfirmed
ADM - Yes

Here's a few additional stuff I would like to add. These comes standard with both 6MT and CVT models:
1. Front Fog Lights
2. Alpha black interior with black fabric seats (blue stitching)
3. Halogen Headlight with Manual Leveling
4. Tilt & Telescopic Steering Wheel
5. Glovebox Cooler
6. Advance Audio with USB & Aux Jack iPod compatible
7. Tonneau Cover
8. 3 Spoke Leather Steering Wheel
9. Driver & Passenger Vanity Mirror with Light
10. 6 Speakers
11. Aluminium Sports Pedal

For more details, please refer here: Honda

FYI, our spec comes with LED Positioning Lights on the headlights. It does not work like DRL and its quite dim as it only has 4 LEDs. To turn it ON, you'll need to turn on the parking lights. Also noticed we don't have the TPMS as well.

Yeah right. At the European Version there are in all CRZ
Ive searched for those factory headlights online but have come up empty. I also noticed after looking at the headlights it looks like the high and lowbeam/DRL housing is separate from the head light its self. I wonder if anyone makes a kit that would fit for these lights without having to do any major mods, but would look better than just a do it yourself job?

Ive searched for those factory headlights online but have come up empty. I also noticed after looking at the headlights it looks like the high and lowbeam/DRL housing is separate from the head light its self. I wonder if anyone makes a kit that would fit for these lights without having to do any major mods, but would look better than just a do it yourself job?
The main post needs an update as USDM models now come with the LED DRLs on the 2013+ EX and EX-NAVI models.

So you can now get them from the parts department at your local (USA-local) Honda dealer.

Right Side: 5 33101-SZT-A31 HEADLIGHT UNIT, R. 1 (msrp)$514.60 (online)$361.25
Left Side: 19 33151-SZT-A31 HEADLIGHT UNIT, L. 1 (msrp)$514.60 (online)$361.25

2013 HONDA CR-Z|

Note if your car is a base model you will need extra parts. The headlights that come with the LED DRLs are the HID-models only. They will not work with the Base-model's factory low-beam H11 (or whatever it is) bulb. Second note: they will not be plug-and-play, you will need to wire up the LEDs to the factory DRLs.

We have tried to figure it out on this thread:
http://www.crzforum.com/forum/exter...013-led-drl-headlights-plug-play-2011-ex.html
No real plug-n-play solution, though.
You could pull the DRL fuse, throw in an add-a-circuit fuse tap, and run wires through the firewall and get the connector that plugs into the LED's. That would be close, but I dn't know for sure if it would throw codes. Pulling the fuse doesn't, but using that to tap power to something the car is not expecting, might. You can use another fuse that is on with ignition, too. That would be my best suggestion, but feel free to update that thread if you come up with a better solution.

Oh, and as Koala Yummies posted, those headlights are not cheap. But, then again, nothing from Honda is particularly low-priced..

Canadian = Almost the same as the U.S. "EX" version except...

NO TPMS. In the U.S. the TPMS is mandated by the Govt. Canada, not.

Canada.

Daytime running lights on always. Mandated by Canadian Govt.
Only choice of 3 colours. DUH. Silver Black, White.
Audio system is the upgraded amplifier and sub-woofer only, no other choice.

Oh, and as Koala Yummies posted, those headlights are not cheap. But, then again, nothing from Honda is particularly low-priced..
Yeah, they're not cheap, but they're not really expensive either considering it is the same exact price for the 2011 HID, as the 2013 HID with the LED.

EX HID
2011 R: 33101-SZT-A13 HEADLIGHT UNIT, R. 1 $514.60 $361.25
2011 L: 33151-SZT-A13 HEADLIGHT UNIT, L. 1 $514.60 $361.25
2011 HONDA CR-Z|

LED HID
2013 R: 33101-SZT-A31 HEADLIGHT UNIT, R. 1 $514.60 $361.25
2013 L: 33151-SZT-A31 HEADLIGHT UNIT, L. 1 $514.60 $361.25
2013 HONDA CR-Z|

Total price: $722.50
That's a heck of a lot cheaper than the $1,600 AJ-Racing was initially selling them for. http://www.crzforum.com/forum/j-racing/5688-jdm-honda-headlamp-assembly-w-led-2.html

Feel bad for the people who got suckered by AJ-Racings double-price gouging.

Yeah, they're not cheap, but they're not really expensive either considering it is the same exact price for the 2011 HID, as the 2013 HID with the LED.

EX HID
2011 HONDA CR-Z|

LED HID
2013 HONDA CR-Z|

That's a heck of a lot cheaper than the $1,600 AJ-Racing was initially selling them for. http://www.crzforum.com/forum/j-racing/5688-jdm-honda-headlamp-assembly-w-led-2.html

True, but the price is still only for the housing with LED's (not arguing your point about the AJ Racing price, which was also just the housing). But if the person asking has a base model CR-Z, then he also has to buy the HID's themselves! Then, this whole project starts to get very expensive.

Still, if you have an EX, and break a headlight, it might well make sense to buy a set of the LED's, even if you don't hook them up immediately.

EX HID
2011 HONDA CR-Z|

LED HID
2013 HONDA CR-Z|

AJ racing rapes people on everything. I'll never do business with them.

AJ racing rapes people on everything. I'll never do business with them.
The raping is even worse now on JDM stuff with yen down so much. Although, I haven't seen even one vendor adjust their pricing down to reflect the cheaper yen. I guess they think we are all stupid and don't know what's going on...

I remember in England in the 1940's - 50's when all the average Joe could afford was a 15 year old car that is started by turning over a handle the slots into the crankshaft at the front of the car.
When / if / the car starts you have to get your hands out of the way really fast or the handle might back spin and break your hand or arm. Not fun. YEH electric starters of ANY kind.

141 - 160 of 178 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.