Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the difference between the A and B. Sometimes they say different numbers. Why is that so? I couldn't find an effective explanation in the owners manual. Can someone clarify this for me? Thanks.

-Andrew

·
Registered
360 Posts
I've been using Trip B to find out my mileage between fill ups. I'll reset B when I'm going out for a highway drive, or when using Sport mode exclusively (or Econ). For example, you can reset B while on the highway at a steady speed (cruise control) and after some miles see what your average is at that speed - this should give you a feel for how many MPG the car will get at a given speed. I leave A as is until I refuel, then I get my combined MPG for the tank. Does that make sense?

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
as stated above, it's just two ways to log your mileage... i got used to using it like my mom does and i can't think of any other way for me to get the best use out of it...

i use Trip A for when i refuel... i usually only reset it if i'm going on a trip or for sure when i fill the tank to FULL... Trip B gets used ONLY for oil changes... i got used to this b4 cars added the oil percentage thingy and i guess i just like to know a mileage number between changes rather than just a percent...

·
Registered
618 Posts
For those of us still without car and owner's manual, how do you toggle between A & B? Tap the reset button vs hold to reset it?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey everyone, Trip A can be set to automatically reset to zero with each fill up if you change the default setting, that way you can use it to track milage between fill ups. Trip B can then be used for something else.

The toggle is like kcsaint said, just tap the info paddles to switch between them.

ender

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.