Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded my 2009 Subaru Impreza for a CR-Z Base 6MT Blue

Dealer sold it to me for 18,478. The car includes wheel locks and mudguards. I think I did good, but I'm a little stressed out about the whole getting a new car thing. I lost my backseats and the AWD that the Subaru had.

I will save in gas though, and hopefully it's a very reliable car. It should be since it's a Honda.

·
Registered
91 Posts
No matter what deal anyone gets, sooner or later someone else will post who got a better deal. There are a lot of factors besides just negotiating skill. Time of year, time of month, and eagerness of the dealer to move inventory all play a roll. I'm not sure where you are from, but don't feel bad when there are a couple of snow days next winter and awd would have been useful. Think about all the other days of the year where all it was doing was costing you money in reduced fuel economy! You did fine with your deal and you're gonna a lot of fun with your new purchase!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome!

I agree with TheSeer. A good deal is one where both parties are happy with the outcome. Someone probably could have gotten a better deal with my trade in and gotten a lower price on the CRZ but I'm happy with what I got.

This is only the second new car I have bought so I stressed over both of them. Just find a nice strecth of road and hit 'Sport' all the stress will go away.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree! When both parties walk away feeling + about the deal, then there is no reason to sweat it. Someone will always get a better deal than you at some point for some reason. If you are happy w/ your car and the price you paid, stop trying to make yourself... regret the buy..

However if you really want to know.. check this site. I found it very helpful to know if the deal, was indeed a deal..

2011 Honda CR-Z 3dr Man - New Car Price Report

Later.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Gave my dealer a check for $21,688 out the door on a Blue EX with CVT on Monday. Now they can't seem to find a dealer to trade with to get it "inside" the door! :angry:

Might be a bit high but they are out that financing cut and the profit from the 3rd party extended warranty. :tong:

Might have to negotiate on the color, but the package seems worth the money.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Wow - sounds like a GREAT price to me. I've compared dealer cost from several dealers and also looked it up on Edmonds, and just invoice price plus destination of $750 comes to just over $19,000. We just bought a 6 spd manual base model for 19,599 plus tt&l (and then we negotioated document fees down to just what the state of Texas charges), and although it was not the cheapest deal we found, it was only a few hundred over the absolute best deal we found which was on a black crz which they had been trying to sell for several months. And we did get a few things thrown in like window tinting, mats and cargo tray, plus some other things already added to this particular car. One dealer quoted me cost of $19,023 and another $19,014 for their costs in the car, and both claimed they had to make at least $200 over that to cover dealership costs as there is supposedly some sort of advertisement fee here that is close to $200 that all dealers must pay per car. They had money from promotions to offer on civics and most other cars except CRZ and Odyssey. Also, I tried gattaca's link to checking out price paid, and I was a couple hundred under the 6 month average for my area, so I am happy! (especially as prices are creeping up here in the wake of the earthquake).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I didn't get a good deal lol... It sucks, but the final price on mine was $28,000. Which hurts.

I put 0 down, traded nothing in. have 5.5% interest rate, as far as extended warranty i have 5 years/100,000 miles bumper to bumper, theft protection, interior and exterior repair, oil/tire rotation/filter change for the next 3 years...

and i'm paying 460 a month lol... So i know i didn't get a "Deal" But i'm a pushover for haggling with them, and was agitated with how long it was taking.

(no gps, or anything particularly fancy. other than an amazing car)automatic as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.