Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
I played around with the Car Scanner app today. One thing stood out to me, namely the so-called “Battery Coolant Temperature” using the in-app profile “Honda/Acura Hybrids”. It exceeds 80 Celcius in my car. PeterPerkins and I suspect that this value is just wrong instead of the temperature actually being that high. Could anyone please check that value with their CR-Z?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Good point Peter. Thomas go into the app settings under "Units" and see if temp is set to Farenheit, if it is change it to Centigrade. While you're at it look at the other unit settings and change them as needed.

·
Registered
516 Posts
View attachment 67304
Similar in mine…it will go easily over 80 if the engine work a bit longer…
Nice to know you get the same. Thanks for checking! :)

I just checked mine again too. Same thing here (again). Also, the value changes correctly when setting it to Fahrenheit, so that’s not the issue.

Now that I am thinking about it. It’s maybe wrongly copying another temperature, like engine coolant or oil. I will check again later.

·
Registered
516 Posts
As can be seen below, the “Engine Coolant Temperature” is exactly the same as the “Battery Coolant Temperature”. So the temperature of the engine coolant is wrongly copied to the battery coolant. That’s what I think at least.

Font Screenshot Number Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
131 Posts
I played around with the Car Scanner app today. One thing stood out to me, namely the so-called “Battery Coolant Temperature” using the in-app profile “Honda/Acura Hybrids”. It exceeds 80 Celcius in my car. PeterPerkins and I suspect that this value is just wrong instead of the temperature actually being that high. Could anyone please check that value with their CR-Z?
Im still puzzled as to what that temp reading is: https://www.crzforum.com/threads/diagnostic-tools.94169/post-1408841

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
81 - 93 of 93 Posts