Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
81 - 100 of 122 Posts

· Registered
592 Posts
I played around with the Car Scanner app today. One thing stood out to me, namely the so-called “Battery Coolant Temperature” using the in-app profile “Honda/Acura Hybrids”. It exceeds 80 Celcius in my car. PeterPerkins and I suspect that this value is just wrong instead of the temperature actually being that high. Could anyone please check that value with their CR-Z?

· Registered
577 Posts
Good point Peter. Thomas go into the app settings under "Units" and see if temp is set to Farenheit, if it is change it to Centigrade. While you're at it look at the other unit settings and change them as needed.

· Registered
592 Posts
View attachment 67304
Similar in mine…it will go easily over 80 if the engine work a bit longer…
Nice to know you get the same. Thanks for checking! :)

I just checked mine again too. Same thing here (again). Also, the value changes correctly when setting it to Fahrenheit, so that’s not the issue.

Now that I am thinking about it. It’s maybe wrongly copying another temperature, like engine coolant or oil. I will check again later.

· Registered
190 Posts
I played around with the Car Scanner app today. One thing stood out to me, namely the so-called “Battery Coolant Temperature” using the in-app profile “Honda/Acura Hybrids”. It exceeds 80 Celcius in my car. PeterPerkins and I suspect that this value is just wrong instead of the temperature actually being that high. Could anyone please check that value with their CR-Z?
Im still puzzled as to what that temp reading is: https://www.crzforum.com/threads/diagnostic-tools.94169/post-1408841

· Registered
2,857 Posts

· Registered
Liverpool red CR-Z ex
128 Posts
I'm late to the party here. I have an Audel mid range scan tool. I'm guessing it's a dumb unit and you cant blow manufacturer specific soft onto it.

I was recommended to get a HDS scanner. I clicked on a post link for the FLY 108 pro and it just seems to be an interface. The website is in Arabic so I've go no clue what it says. Do you need a lappy to use HDS?

· Premium Member
9,067 Posts
Yes, you need a laptop, some clones come with one but from the above they run Windows 7 you also need a USB to serial adaptor too.

@PeterPerkins has and uses one he would know better than I .

I'm late to the party here. I have an Audel mid range scan tool. I'm guessing it's a dumb unit and you cant blow manufacturer specific soft onto it.

I was recommended to get a HDS scanner. I clicked on a post link for the FLY 108 pro and it just seems to be an interface. The website is in Arabic so I've go no clue what it says. Do you need a lappy to use HDS?

· Registered
Liverpool red CR-Z ex
128 Posts
Really? That's a major expense. I work from a desktop as I need the power A laptop plus a dodgy interface is a bit proposition.

· Premium Member
9,067 Posts
To run this, you do not need a super powerful laptop. You can get one in some packages as part of the price for the package or even get a used Windows 7 Laptop, this is to replace a professional tool that costs several K and has an annual subscription. Some have even brought their tower computer out to where the car is. The USB to Serial adaptors are really inexpensive. If you use an old desktop for this, it may have a serial interface. Or talk to @PeterPerkins and get one of his devices, but it will cost you more.

Really? That's a major expense. I work from a desktop as I need the power A laptop plus a dodgy interface is a bit proposition.

· Premium Member
9,067 Posts
There are other tools where you do not, but they are even more expensive, may be limited in what information they provide. HDS is what dealers use with a dedicated computing device, The fact these clones are only $100 and some come with everything (Laptop and interface and USB to serial adapter) for that price is amazing. Mechanics and shops spend thousands for vehicle analyzing tools to diagnose issues. Difference between a professional specific tool versus a limited universal tool. Most ODB scanners require you to use your cell phone with them. The same is needed here, only instead of a cell phone, you need another computing device.

It just seems absurd that you need a laptop. I'll keep looking

81 - 100 of 122 Posts