Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CRZ ex
10 Posts
So I’ve had something similar happen to me. I didn’t put up with their shit and I got my car back and did the repairs my self and they still insured it. I had to basically cus them out on the phone and tell them what I wanted and they finally gave in. What insurance company do you have? And can the car be driven?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
This!

Without knowing the actual extent of the damage done to the car, it's hard to advise rebuying it and fixing it up. That takes money and skills as well as time and space.

As you've found, you can dicker with the insurance company and have them show examples of where you can replace the car with what they're getting you. FYI for next time, NEVER disclose flaws to them (never tell them "It's pretty good but it has a miss at high rpm and 4th kinda grinds"). Let them walk around and do their own visual assessment on the damage.

The body kit is probably made to order, they buy materials to make it, then do so after you order it. If they refund it because of what happened in your life, they're out the cost of what they've spent so far. That being said, if they haven't started construction, you can always ask for a partial refund minus materials that aren't transferable to the next job (though they don't have to give it). Ultimately, you're at the mercy of the contract or purchase agreement when you bought it.
I see, they are working with me. They have put up a posting hopefully someone buys it and they will then refund me my money, or have the buyer purchase from me. Then transfer the order over to the other recipient. I’m just trying to find a buyer so I don’t have to ship it myself and lose out on money.

·
Registered
16 Posts
While most comments are centered on the insurance aspect of your dilemma I am troubled with the body kit company. How could they have the audacity to not allow you to cancel your order? Perhaps they could legally levy some cancellation fee but to hold you to the entire cost without you not even having the products in hand is unacceptable. Has anyone dealt with this company? They sound like a bunch of bandits to me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yes that was my first idea about them when they told me they weren’t issuing some type of refund or at least my deposit back for the fenders..... I guess once they order materials they don’t allow refunds but if you go to their site and click refund policy the page isn’t even built. Not was there any policy mentioned to me or on the invoice etc.... but the company deals with a lot of crz owners for body kits so idk I won’t ever do any business with them again nor recommend them To anyone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I recently was involved in an accident that caused my airbag to go off as well as damage to the frame of my vehicle. My insurance company is now taking the car to the lot as a salvage title. BUT, I recently put in an order with RexxStyling for a body kit and fenders I no longer need at all. Is anyone LOOKING or know anyone looking to purchase a body kit ???? I’m currently stuck with no car and I’m out 3,500 dollars. Plz plz plz I desperately need the help. View attachment 61830 View attachment 61831 View attachment 61832
Hi, I recently was involved in an accident that caused my airbag to go off as well as damage to the frame of my vehicle. My insurance company is now taking the car to the lot as a salvage title. BUT, I recently put in an order with RexxStyling for a body kit and fenders I no longer need at all. Is anyone LOOKING or know anyone looking to purchase a body kit ???? I’m currently stuck with no car and I’m out 3,500 dollars. Plz plz plz I desperately need the help. View attachment 61830 View attachment 61831 View attachment 61832
It's a great looking body kit, I went on RexStyling, they list the bodykit for 1499.00 U.S. dollars. is there more to the kit you ordered, or is shipping really high?

·
Registered
1 Posts
currently in the process of buying a crz don't have that big of a budget. how much are you asking for the kit also I'm about 2 hours away from SoCal

21 - 34 of 34 Posts