Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well as some of you may or may not know... Honda released this color in one country (that i know of), Finland... luckily we have a member here that had one on order and posted some pictures for us to :drool: over... i made this post b/c where the original was posted, comments aren't allowed... but you can comment away in here...

Thanks MTBer for the post!!!

Well, today I finally got to see my Deep Sapphire Blue CR-Z. The pictures were taken at the dealership's warehouse. It's been rather cold here recently, and unfortunately the car was quite frozen. Also, the fluorescent lights were not the best light source, so the colors may not be entirely accurate. The DSBP is quite dark blue, with a definite purple/violet tint. I'm very happy with the color! :wub: I'll be sure to take some photos in better lighting after I take delivery in early January.

Now... :popcorn:

:hi5:

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's a nice Blue, don't normally like blue but this is a good tint indeed.

·
Registered
314 Posts
A bit brighter but very similar name to my old Civic hatchback (can't recall what year-- was my car before last)... the color was dark amethyst pearl, and dpending on the light it was dark blue or deep purple or nearly black. Wifey affectionately called it "bruise colored"!

·
Registered
314 Posts
are you talking about this color?? i know this guy that had one (not his pictured)... but that's the only purple civic that would be close to this i think...

Bingo! That looks like the old bruisemobile... a chameleon whose color changed with the light. Dark purple hues, as opposed to the brighter purple tinges that my eyes see in the original photos of the blue CR-Z. At least I THINK I see some purple in there! :blush:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm glad you like the color - I do too! :) Though on my monitor, at least, the purple tint is perhaps slightly pronounced, I don't think it was quite that purple IRL. But again, the lighting was very poor, so we'll see...

I'll post plenty more pictures, don't you worry, after I take delivery in early January. Though good natural light is very scarce during that time in Finland (about 5-6 hours from sunrise to sunset, I think), but hopefully I'll get some good winter photos. I would of course like to take it home right away (the dealership is only about 1 mile from where I live), but as it would mean the car would be registered in 2010 instead of 2011, it would drop the resale value about 1000-1500 €, which is (not just ridiculous, but also) too much.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so the car has to sit until January?? :eek:mg: i think you'll be the first (only) in the WORLD with that color combo haha...

i did some color enhancing on those photos and it looks bluer when i do that... but since i haven't seen it in person, i'd rather leave the original photos up... maybe i'll post later what it looks like...

hey MTBer, can you please get the color code? it's on the driver side door frame... in all technicality, all i would need is that code to paint a CR-Z over here the same :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well, it's only a couple weeks, and with Xmas and everything, I'm kind of hoping time will fly... Fat chance, right? :D

It's quite difficult to get exactly the right tint, since I didn't have a color chart with me at the dealership. It will be easier to get the color captured in natural light, but that'll have to wait until January.

I'll ask my dealership for the color code, and post it here.

UPDATE: The color code my dealer gave is "B-548P" (Deep Sapphire Blue Pearl), is this what you were looking for?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.