Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Increasing the width of tires, and replacing the low rolling resistance OEM tires with stickier high performance tires will impact fuel economy. The question is how much?

For those who bought aftermarket rims and tires but first had the opportunity to drive you car with the OEM setup for a while, how much did you fuel economy decrease?

For those who never drove you car on anything but wider tires, tell us what your fuel economy is and we can compare it to the averages we have established here on this forum of 39.5 MPG for the CVT and 37.8 MPG for the 6MT.

·
Registered
18 Posts
wider tires and fuel econmy- cr-z

We purchased our CR-Z a few months ago with most of the Honda accessories
including the 17 inch tire/wheel package. Much to our surprise, we are getting 34 to
37 mpgs depending on weather conditions here in New Jersey.We keep the tire
pressures at 37 psi although some have suggested that 29 to 34 psi. The car and
tire/wheel package draws a lot of attention from people and we are really loving this car!
LOTS OF LUCK! bmac

·
Registered
421 Posts
still too early to tell on my car, running 215/45/17 6 sp manual, getting 32-33 mpg running around town in normal mode without hyper mileing. car only has 400 miles on the ODO so i am still breaking it in.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think it will be hard to to match the mileage of the OEM BridgeStones
unless you put Bridgestone Ecopia EP100 on it.

I'm glad mine didn't come with Dunlops

I would think the MPG's would drop about 2mpg's city and 3-4 hwy

·
Registered
618 Posts
TCroly: you might need to do some new surveys including the two tire choices

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.