Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from someone who is in a dilemma :hyper: & signed up on this great site for some feedback & information on the CR-Z.

I am in the great position of being able to spend some of a lump sum that's coming my way on a new car.

My problem is I have not been in the market for a different brand of car for quite some time as I have been loyal to Subaru for more years than I care to remember. I am on my 4th new one now so once bitten by the Impreza bug it's hard to shake it off.

However I now need to move on & replace the car in my "Garage" with something that is cheap to run (mpg, road tax & insurance) but that handles well & still has the "fun" factor & must also be a looker.

I originally went in the Honda showroom to look at the Civic Type S diesel but was led astray by the sheer presence of the CR-Z that was next to it on the showroom floor. I test drove both & the Z went straight to the top of my wanted list despite there being a Mugen Type R there as well.

I have since tested the following diesels :- Alfa Giulietta , SEAT Leon FR & the Volkswagen Scirocco. All come close to the Z but only the Scirocco really threatens it but it's higher price than the Z makes me have second thoughts.

My heart says Z but my head says Scirocco. Help. :spinning:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Fifth Gear did a direct comparison of the CR-Z and the Scirocco. Series 17 episode 8.

Basically Vicki loved the CR-Z and used monopoly money to show how much you saved over 3 years on the road (tax + mpg), and it came to £2k.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I had an Audi once, I'm never touching anyting from VAG again. Cost me more to maintain then I've spent on mods for my Accord alone, and I only had the A4 for 1 year, I've had the Accord for 4 years without any troubles.

I have yet to experience a Honda giving me grief. Though I did almost lose my license from a roadtrip in an s2k ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. :thumbsup:

Civic Type S diesel <--- thats interesting
Honda Civic Type-S | New Reviews | Car Reviews | Auto Express

Fifth Gear did a direct comparison of the CR-Z and the Scirocco. Series 17 episode 8.

Basically Vicki loved the CR-Z and used monopoly money to show how much you saved over 3 years on the road (tax + mpg), and it came to £2k.
I found the video :- FiveFWD - Need to Know: Honda CR-Z video from Fifth Gear

Makes the VW a lot less attractive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found this "Compare Cars" function on the Honda UK web site :- "Compare Cars with your Honda"

I fed in the CR-Z & then the following diesels :- Civic Type S, Alfa Giulietta Veloce, SEAT Leon FR & VW Scirocco 170 GT. It then comes up with all sorts of stuff comparing each car with the others.

The CR-Z comes out pretty good on most things.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.