Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
hey guys, does anyone know if under the crz or hybrid emblems they are like indented in the hatch or if they're just stick ons like the older hondas?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I know I'm resurrecting and REALLY old thread, but I have a couple of questions before I go digging and prying the Honda "H" off the front and back of my car.

I want to order the red JDM emblems for front and back. I see in this thread that using floss will remove the Hybrid, etc. However, do both the front and back have two plastic "pins" that fit into the car? If so, how do you work around that? Is there and easier way to remove the stock emblems without destroying them?

EDIT: I also might be interested in the Amp'd emblems.

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I know I'm resurrecting and REALLY old thread, but I have a couple of questions before I go digging and prying
i've been considering debadging my car already but my heart is torn. i could do without the hybrid badge. [im actually turned off by it cuz my insurance wouldnt give me a discount. cuz its "different" from a prius or other hybrids.] but i really like the styling of the cr-z emblem. and i know i've seen some of you guys with just that sans hybrid, but man are those sharp corners are pain to clean if you get wax or other stuff in or around them. :rotfl:

so what are you guys thoughts? especially those who went full naked, do you miss it? or is her clean derriere better than one with a CR-Z tramp stamp?

·
Registered
437 Posts
i've been considering debadging my car already but my heart is torn. i could do without the hybrid badge. [im actually turned off by it cuz my insurance wouldnt give me a discount. cuz its "different" from a prius or other hybrids.] but i really like the styling of the cr-z emblem. and i know i've seen some of you guys with just that sans hybrid, but man are those sharp corners are pain to clean if you get wax or other stuff in or around them. :rotfl:

so what are you guys thoughts? especially those who went full naked, do you miss it? or is her clean derriere better than one with a CR-Z tramp stamp?
Three badges in the small hatch area looked cluttered to me. I plastidipped them to see if that made them stick out less, but now it's just the "H" emblem in the middle. I removed the hybrid badge first, but that looked unbalanced to me so the CR-Z was removed as well.

I have no regrets doing it (though getting residual gunk off of the paint was a pain). The results look clean and if anyone wants to know what my car is, they can ask.

You can always get double sided 3M tape to put the emblems back on if you miss them.

·
Super Moderator
6,964 Posts
Something to consider before debadging, if you get in an accident the First Responders need to know it is a hybrid so they do not get killed by the IMA batteries when they extract you from your damaged car.

I worked at a Fire department for a while and there is no standardized way to know a car is a hybrid or not. Some Fire Departments are trying to keep a list of Hybrids but with some cars available with and without Hybrid power trains it is difficult. Our cars are low volume and many First Responders may not know what it is from the shape, if it is not damaged, imagine trying to identify it after a bad accident where it is damaged.

What is more important, your car looking like the hatch was replaced and they left the emblems off or a First Responder knowing what method of extraction is safe to use to extract you and your passenger from the car?

Besides Eco friendly vehicles get special parking at Ikea.:rotfl:

Just something to consider.

·
Red&Black
6,025 Posts
Hmm, I had never considered that before, first responders and having to deal with hybrid and all-electric vehicles.

I like my badges. I changed the color of all of them to red.

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
Something to consider before debadging, if you get in an accident the First Responders need to know it is a hybrid....
Yep. I messed around with the HYBRID and CRZ emblems, because I didn't like them on the rear hatch, and thinking about First Responders not knowing about the hybrid if I get rear-ended--or if I removed it entirely. Finally, I found a place for both emblems that's NOT on the hatch:

"CRZ" is now on the lower right of the right/rear quarter window, and the "HYBRID" is on the lower left of the left/rear quarter window.

Only thing about that, is I think it's a standard to have the HYBRID on the right/rear of the vehicle, and that's where they'd look first. But the most visible way for them to know--before they use the jaws of life--is the orange covering that surrounds the power lines under the hood and undercarriage.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I like the hybrid badge. I feel like it makes the car seem more expensive to other drivers. Also if you have a aftermarket exhaust, the car would surprise the person behind you at a red light as your hybrid gives off an unexpected nice burp out of auto-stop.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Also if you have a aftermarket exhaust, the car would surprise the person behind you at a red light as your hybrid gives off an unexpected nice burp out of auto-stop.
i love how it does that. hehe just need to find an exhaust that i like!

thanks for all your guys' input. i've heard about the first responder part, but i thought it was more about how most hybrids have a dedicated electric motor that can move the car, not an assisting motor like our IMA. so they were trained to approach the cars from the side rather than from the front or back, because there was no way of telling if the vehicle was disabled since the electric motors are mostly silent. to avoid getting run over should the car move.

anyway after a lot of consideration, i thought about all my future plans [which i'll eventually outline when i get around to starting a build thread] and they'll mainly focus on under the hood, interior and chassis upgrades while keeping the exterior relatively subtle and almost close to stock. so it'll piss off people when they can't catch up to a little hybrid honda. it's like a double sucker punch to haters when all they see is that little hybrid badge in back when i pull away from them in the twisties.:wavey:

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Something to consider before debadging, if you get in an accident the First Responders need to know it is a hybrid so they do not get killed by the IMA batteries when they extract you from your damaged car.
Yeh. Don't crash. Save a fireman so he can work on someone worthwhile. :thumbsup:

61 - 80 of 83 Posts