Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
No side tint?
No. for a few reasons...

1. i just like the look of it that way
2. cops are dicks in my area and have had a hard time in the pass with tints.
3. i'll already be drawing enough attention with everything i have planned for the car.
4. im getting sparco seats and i want them to be scene :thumbsup:

·
Registered
237 Posts
I am de-badged as well in Premium white, I need to take a few pictures of it.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
How easy was the debadge?

Just dental floss or did you use any fluids.
well some ppl use floss but i just heat up the badge nicely with a heat gun and pop them off by hand. you can also use a hair dryer. once they are off, gently heat the left over glue and peal off with your nails as much as possible, next just grab a rag and rubbing alcohol and rub off the rest of the glue or use goo gone its easier i just didnt have any. once all the glue is gone youll be left with the outline of the badge on the paint, use rubbing compound to take it off, all done. it take awhile, not very hard to slightly time consuming.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Why exactly would you want to remove the name of the car? I am asking seriously. I just don't get it.
well to me it gives the car a clean look, guess its subject to the individual, ive always debadged my cars. and also if someone has to ask what kinda car it is, its not the kinda person id care to carry a coversation with about the car lol.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm a blow dryer, fishing line and goo gone sort of guy.

As far as support for de-badging, it's cleaner, easier to wax and I like to keep everyone guessing anyway. I have received more "what the hell kind of car is that?" from people with the CR-Z than anything I've ever owned.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Blow dryer and some WD-40 worked. Just did the hybrid badge, I'll leave the name badge.

I also chipped the paint while prying the badge off.... Dealer has NH-624P in stock lucky for me. $18, more pricey than I thought. Parts lady advised this is because it come with both top/base coat bottles. Had to brave a storm to get it to. I feel like I'm back in So Florida right now.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
You must not have heated the glue enough, that sucks I'm sorry about the paint chipping. And yea the weather was crazy here today wasn't it.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
debadging was the first thing i wanted to do, but being lazy i waited, but now that i blacked them out im feelin the badges.........badges? we dont need no stinkin badges, unless we leave em, leave em and make em black. See how i added that little bit extra there.....

·
Registered
130 Posts
No. for a few reasons...

1. i just like the look of it that way
2. cops are dicks in my area and have had a hard time in the pass with tints.
3. i'll already be drawing enough attention with everything i have planned for the car.
4. im getting sparco seats and i want them to be scene :thumbsup:
Looks good, I think I might just remove the hybrid badge on mine.

At least you kept the plastic license plate surround....? :cry: :angry:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Blowdryer and some Honda Spray Cleaner and Wax did the job. :D

Everyone has to ask what it is anyway, so I might as well...

41 - 60 of 83 Posts