Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went ahead and put an order in for a CRZ EX Navi 6spd but haven't put any money down. I'm supposed to go in tomorrow to get it but it's bothering me pretty heavily that the dealer is saying that Honda is "trying out" this car and has their pricing set as low as they can go already. Pretty much they're charging me sticker price and it's making me stomach turn. Wondering if anybody else here was able to get their dealer to drop the price and if so, how much.

Thanks!

·
Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
I went ahead and put an order in for a CRZ EX Navi 6spd but haven't put any money down. I'm supposed to go in tomorrow to get it but it's bothering me pretty heavily that the dealer is saying that Honda is "trying out" this car and has their pricing set as low as they can go already. Pretty much they're charging me sticker price and it's making me stomach turn. Wondering if anybody else here was able to get their dealer to drop the price and if so, how much.

Thanks!
I would think - generally speaking - that in cases where a dealer has several or more of them on the lot that have to be moved, then there is the possibility of dealing.

Ordering one, probably a little more difficult to deal.

·
Registered
177 Posts
:bs: Why do you have to order one? I'm sure if you shopped around you could find one with what you want in it. You may have to make a road trip, but it would be worth it. Get some quotes on line. I'm calling BS on this BS'er!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
"Sticker price", is it the same as MSRP? If it is MSRP, then they are lying. I live in PA, went to check out the car in November 2010, 2 month after the sale began, and they already have a sale price $700 below MSRP BEFORE ANY negotiations. But it is a big lot and they did have at least 2 red EX CVT I wanted. But if the "Sticker price" is below MSRP, also since Manual + Navi is very rare to find, then I don't think it's too unfair.

Edit: yea like what they said, try to look for a bigger dealer with more cars in the lot, and act like you are considering other brands, bring up their dreaded rival Prius. I even said I went to other dealers around the city to keep them on their toes. Never tell them straight up you have your eyes set on CRZ and nobody has the right combo you want.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i got my dealer to drop the price quite a bit..

just remember..until you sign off on it, their is no deal..

DO NOT sign the paper unless your satisfied and happy with youre final price...

remember to calculate taxes and destination fee and all that...

and go to several dealers, call up the internet sales...

good luck man.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I feel guilty. I got a really good deal on my EX back in the beginning of December.
I just wish it would stop snowing so I could drive it more often.

Glenn
Oh? How much was it before tax? I got mine around the same time. Also I hope the OP reads this before getting the car tomorrow. If the "sticker price" is indeed MSRP and he lives in a big state, then there are more research to be done.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
That's not the hard part, 6spd is the rare one. The huge Honda dealership near me has almost every color normal/ex/navi CVT combo, but they have only 1 or 2 silver 6 spd.
Yes! This exactly.

If I wanted CVT, Columbus Ohio's dealers could provide me with any trim and color combination.

It's the 6speed that seem hard to come by. (especially in my original color choices)
Apparently none of the dealers felt the need to order many of them. :cry:

Edit:
Even with my stringent requirements ... under sticker is no problem.
Canvas dealers in your whole State, or region, and you can get some very good quotes.
(My best quote actually came from Pittsburgh.)

And remember that your best deals are going to come from the dealers that have too many on the lot.
Whereas, they are very unlikely to cut you much of a deal on an order.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I ordered mine, got exactly what I wanted, 6mt NSBP, ex/navi, armrest for 22k before taxes, license, etc, so I wouldn't say that you cant get a good deal when ordering, and I think for this car there is no reason to pay msrp as its a relative buyer's market right now. It depends on the dealership. One advantage I had was repeat purchasing as I've bought 2 previous cars there and I think they give you a little leverage in order to get you coming back. But also I got pricing online from several other dealerships and they were willing to bargain from that vantage point. You really need to shop around a bit. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.