Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been posting since Saturday (2010-09-18) that I signed the paperwork and am getting a white CR-Z.

About an hour ago the dealer contacted me telling me that the paperwork (sales contracts) have been lost for 15 customers (including mine).

I was also told (before I signed the sales contracts) that a white CR-Z EX with Navi would be arriving Friday (2010-09-24) or Saturday (2010-09-25). However, when I got to the dealership to do the paperwork, the sales person changed it to, "might arrive." He stated that it was scheduled to arrive on Wednesday (2010-09-29).

I was given the VIN and already have the loan out on it along with insurance covering it.

This deal seems to be going South now. I hope it doesn't and everything works out the way it is supposed to.

Not going to mention the dealership until everything is done.

·
Registered
56 Posts
While there are certainly many good dealerships, the lack of professionalism at some of them can be scary. I realize there's alot to keep track of, but in 2 1/2 years and handling several hundred deals I have never seen such a thing.

Have you had good experiences with them in the past and is this a one time fluke?

·
Registered
133 Posts
It doesn't matter if they've lost their paperwork if you've got yours. Just go in and give them photocopies of the contract for their files and tell them you expect them to comply with the Sales Areement.

Cut them a little slack if it looks like American Honda is the cause of slow delivery. If it looks like they're scamming you after a few days, wave the contract in their face, and with a big smile, say "see you in court." That may result in some prompt action on their part. Good luck!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
All my correspondences with the dealer have been above the table and cordial. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. This is a large dealership.

However, I have a sinking feeling that they are going to pull the rug from under me.

I've seen it done before. A dealer "pre-sells" a car. All the numbers are finalized and all the paperwork is done. Even the VIN number is known to both parties. However, before the money is in the dealer's hands, the deal can still fall apart.

More info:
  • I am holding onto the check for the CR-Z until delivery.
  • I've not told the dealership of my suspicions.
  • I once bought a car out from under a person who the car was pre-sold to.

Karma? I hope not.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Resigned the paperwork. Looks like everything is OK. Still no car though. The dealer is giving me my trade in as a loaner until the car comes in. However, I am now paid in full for the CRZ. VINs on the new paperwork match up.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
arrival dates are usually estimates... there are a number of things that could slow down delivery... for example, (BMW, not Honda) one friend ordered a 2011 White M3 comp package, red interior, cf roof and had a delivery date... when we went to the dealership on the day they said it was gonna arrive, they said it hadn't left the docks yet, something to do with extra emissions testing... either way, the car wasn't there... we returned 3 days later and the car literally left that same day to be delivered (another 2 days)... my friend ended up walking outside and buying a convertible instead...

i'm not saying to go and buy another car... i'm just saying, a salesman will usually say anything to get you to commit to a sale, even if it makes them look bad in the process... you have a VIN# and those aren't given out unless the car has already started production... so know that the car is at least built and on the way soon...

i won't comment on the dealership losing the paperwork, that would be an opportunity to work out a better deal IMO :wiggle:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Just got back from going to dealer to pick up my old car as a loaner.

The sales guy says he'll pull it around to the front. I was expecting him to pull up in my old Versa and instead he pulls up in my CRZ.

Took delivery and its on my driveway now. I feel so much better now. Turns out I have the first white CRZ in the state of Georgia. Spotted a black one on my way home.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Probably the last Honda I will ever buy.

I mean this in a good way. I like the car enough that I don't think I will be selling it and will drive it until they stop making fuel for it.

Unfortunate for Honda, but a good thing for future buyers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.