Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
The car has really big wheel arches though. I'm surprised it didn't come stock with 17s with an 18 option. I mean, they probably gave us 16s just to save weight since it is a hybrid.
Yeah... You're right ArtJDM... I must almost do a fully turnover before it rubs...
But if I lower it an inch or so..... Well, just afraid it won't turn out well... Therefore the serious consideration of air suspensions, so I can make it lick the asphalt at shows, and give it a normal height on ordinary days... But that will have to wait until summer.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Most of the promostickers have arrived today... Only a few left which will come with the bodykit and the rest of the stuff... :p It feels nice starting to recieve anything... During this weekend the ugly chrome CR-Z decals on the carsides will come off!! Looking forward to it...

·
Capt'n Jack
9,498 Posts
:hi5::popcorn:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I had my chrome side-decals removed today... It was, by soooo far, the worst f****** s*** job I have ever done on my cars... Took us about 3-4 hours to get it off along with every bit of glue leftovers. There couldn't be the tinyest glueleftover since I was winter-polishing the car right after. But we got it done. Now the car shines like I never knew it could, and those ugly decals are gone...

·
Capt'n Jack
9,498 Posts
^ agreed.. :hi5: Looking foward to the receipt and installation of parts/kit..

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
SHAZZNADES: Yeah I saw that when I was finished... The decals were not a good fit.

SCOTTY: Looking forward to recieve the parts myself :) The hood, suction, turbulator and everything else have arrived at Basis, but the bodykit has some deliverytime... Hopefully it will be sent from C-West really soon :)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I had my chrome side-decals removed today... It was, by soooo far, the worst f****** s*** job I have ever done on my cars... Took us about 3-4 hours to get it off along with every bit of glue leftovers. There couldn't be the tinyest glueleftover since I was winter-polishing the car right after. But we got it done. Now the car shines like I never knew it could, and those ugly decals are gone...
Chrome decals are the worst to get off a car in my experience. I have no idea why.

I still haven't done the winter polish :nervous: Better get a move on before they start poring on the salt. In Bergen we usually get about 5cm of snow with 20cm of salt on top of it...

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Chrome decals are the worst to get off a car in my experience. I have no idea why.

I still haven't done the winter polish :nervous: Better get a move on before they start poring on the salt. In Bergen we usually get about 5cm of snow with 20cm of salt on top of it...
Hehehe yeah I know... Have driven in Bergen during wintertime before... But it's not so nice in the Oslo-area either :p
The chrome was a complete nightmare to get off, but with sitrus-spray, lot of time and a hot air gun, I eventually got it of.
The polish was awesome. I got a mechanic friend to do it, so instead of paying 4500NOK at a shop, he got me all chemicals and helped me for 1500... We did a 3-step polish (car paint refresher, polish and car paint sealant, not that wax-****).
It shone up like nothing I've ever seen. :)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Do you actually have any parts from any of those brands though? ;)

Looks much better without the chrome. But then I really hate chrome.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Do you actually have any parts from any of those brands though? ;)

Looks much better without the chrome. But then I really hate chrome.
Hehe, actually I do... But a couple of them arrives later on (kit, hood, turbulator, racing suction aso.)... We only decided to install all logos at the same time anyway ;)
Yepp no more chrome on my cars! Exept from the rims ofc...

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Really like the parts list you got coming in, still wish you would lose the wheels for something smaller sportier more JDM :).

41 - 60 of 104 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.