Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share with everyone my LED alternative to fog lights on my base model CR-Z. Sorry I've already installed this before posting a DIY. But I will try to explain it for all to understand.

View attachment 1119 View attachment 1121

I used Plasma Glow LED lighting eyes this thin flexible strip is invisible while it is turned off, but features extremely bright LEDs when your vehicle is on. The 19 inch strips can be cut to length to fit any headlight housing perfectly. They are simply mounted with super thin 3M adhesive and can also be used on door panels and gauge clusters. At less than 1/16″ Thin, they can fit anywhere.
View attachment 1120

Make sure to note there is a right and left side LED strip.

1: First do a dry test fit in the location, I had to cut my strips to 14" in length.
View attachment 1125
2: Next remove the black plastic upper panel between the radiator and front bumper facia. (Should be (9) panel clips and (2) 10mm bolts) It is a little tricky pulling this piece out you will have to angle it inward first to remove it out once you remove the two end pieces.
View attachment 1123
3: Drill a small hole with a 11/64 drill bit in the (honey comb design) corner towards to the center of the bumper (Look in the picture below of my driver side fog,this is where you will fish your wires through)
View attachment 1122
4: Clean the surface with rubbing alcohol and let it dry.
5: Insert all of your wire throught the predrilled hole, then remove the backing off the LED strip and attach it.
6: Reach in where you removed the upper panel and route your wires behind your headlight leaving some slack and wire tie. (Keep it clear from any moving or sharp areas.)
7: I preferred to use my park lights to turn on my LED lights, so I attached my 12v power to the park lights 12v power source using a T-Tap connection and my ground to the body of the car. (You can also wire it to a switch)
View attachment 1124
8: Test, then reinstall your upper panel

I hope this was helpful to all interested!! Enjoy:hi5:

·
Registered
675 Posts
nice thankss. im prob move my led that in below my headlights to the foglights hahaha

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya looks more like DRLs than Fog Lights. not bright enough to be used as fog lights
I would not recommend them if you must have fog lighting. These are noticably bright though and they add some lighting to the front corners. My 6K HID headlights are more than bright enough for street lighting so I really don't need driving/fog lights. Also the factory lights are really driving lights since fog lights should be yellow to cut fog. :rolleyes:

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
^ Yes, they look good. I like them. But, they are definitely not fog lights. Anyone intending to do this, should do it for looks and possibly some DRL functionality, but do not do it as a functional fog light replacement.

Reactions: Fediej

·
Registered
815 Posts
Looks good, i was thinking of putting this in headlight like jdm lights and put a frosted or sandlasted clear plastic on top of led strip to give less christmas light effeft. I think it will look better if it gave an constant straight line of light insted of dot lights

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.