Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Indicate your AVERAGE fuel economy for your CVT equipped CRZ

• Total voters
101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I’ve only had my CR-Z for a little over a week but I drove it home after buying it ( 3 hour drive ) and it got 33 ish. Yesterday I drove about 3 hours and I really tried to see what kind of mileage I could get out of her. At 60-63mph I pulled 45mpg ( i really focused on driving for max gas mileage) then I got tired of that after awhile so just hit cruise at 67-72mph and averaged 42.5. It’s a 2011 with 113k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
238 Posts
‘11 ex with CVT . I am averaging about 23 mpg. I am hell on wheels in this thing. I run late no matter what I do and I hit the interstate and get to 90ish then traffic slows me down. I have a 15-20 minute drive to work 5-6 days a week to and fro in normal mode. I don’t think I can keep my foot out of the pedal and I don’t know how all of you can. I love this car. I am going to motor swap it one day but I will probably do a Cummins 2.8 reman with manual transmission and turn it up for shits and giggles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
23? Damn. Yesterday I had to run some errands and I decided to try to get bad mpg. Lowest I got was 26, on suburban streets.

·
Super Moderator
5,558 Posts
Pandemic MPG 04/27/2020-06/27/2020 335.1 miles 9.095 Gallons 36.84 MPG Calculated from Log Book.
This was from full to low fuel light
Mostly short trips in a few different modes up to 50 MPH but some lights etc local roads and divided highways. Mixed conditions. Longest period of time for one tank!

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
238 Posts
That's super nice. If I drive all short trips, I get maybe 24-26 mpg. 2 months on 9 gallons is crazy!

·
Super Moderator
5,558 Posts
I actually avoided filling up to get the longest period of time for a full tank as I think it is better calculation of real MPG and this is not the numbers from the dash or the Scan Gauge II this was calculated. It is but one data point. Some of the trips were just to get out of the apartment and exercise both my Under Hood and my IMA battery. I even saw 0 on the IMA gauge for one or 2 of the charge trips.

That's super nice. If I drive all short trips, I get maybe 24-26 mpg. 2 months on 9 gallons is crazy!

101 - 105 of 105 Posts