Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Indicate your AVERAGE fuel economy for your CVT equipped CRZ

• Total voters
61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
3rd fill-up, so I need more data, but so far it looks to be about 41 - 43. My MPGs do go down when my wife drives! I try to avoid the freeway, it is too much stop and go...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm getting 48mpg lifetime :)

Hello, all ...

I've been very pleased with my 2013 CRZ. It's not at all fast (even though people have asked me if the Z stands for "zoom"), but after 31K miles, i'm averaging 48.1mpg. Though there are trips where i'll barely hit 40, it's not at all uncommon to get to 50 or higher :)

Regards,

John

·
Registered
2 Posts
!!

Wow, that's incredible. I've had trips where i'll hit 60+ mpg, but for me, driving between Calistoga and Napa in NorCal will usually be 50-55 mpg, and driving to / from SF is usually 45-50 mpg. Driving to / from LA along 5, which i've had to do a few times, hasn't been any better than 45 mpg, though I thought it would be.

Regards,

John

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wow, that's incredible. I've had trips where i'll hit 60+ mpg, but for me, driving between Calistoga and Napa in NorCal will usually be 50-55 mpg, and driving to / from SF is usually 45-50 mpg. Driving to / from LA along 5, which i've had to do a few times, hasn't been any better than 45 mpg, though I thought it would be.

Regards,

John
Thanks.

I driven those Nor Cal routes before. Sounds about right for MPG. I got 44 MPG for trip from LA to Healdsburg, through Napa and back with 300 lbs cargo. Though with wife in car she wont tolerate saving fuel methods like following trucks or going less than 73 MPH.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Best tank I've ever had is 38 mpg. And that was mainly sports mod, pushing it hard through the mountain passes, on a 5 hr non-stop road trip. Commuting back and forth to work, 34 mpg is me average. Now that the winter gas mix is in the pump's, will probably loose another 1.5 mpg.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Originally when my car was stock I was able to achieve around 42mpg on my daily communte. This was a mixture of all modes, depending on the circumstances of the traffic.
My communte is around a 30min trip mostly urban and a short 4 mile dual carriagway.
I then installed the Takeda v2 intake kit and that bought me down to an average 40mpg, but since I installed the J's racing CAT back I am struggling to get 38mpg.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Last I checked I was @ 40mpg. I always try to get a charge when I'm cruising at speeds 45-60mph. It's tricky but sometimes I can even stay charging going uphill. I'm still getting used to switching between the different modes. I have to say I enjoy the sport mode the best but only use it when I'm in a hurry. :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
When I bought my car, I reset my "trip b" fuel economy and haven't touched it since. So it basically measures the average fuel economy since I have owned the car (approximately 5000 miles). It currently reads 42.6 mpg, but this was higher before winter hit. I think it was around 44 at the end of summer.

·
Registered
178 Posts
According to Fuelly I have a 36.5 average. I started using fully a day after I bought the car. Looking back when I first got Sharktooth, I got such bad gas mileage since I didn't know how to drive it efficiently. Worst one was 29 mpg average Hahaha.

Edit: out of the past 10 fill ups I average 38.3 mpg. Using the air conditioning and top level gas is makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hmm, I'm going to try 93 next time I fill up and see if i can get higher mpg. I seem to be set around 48mpg with 87. I need to check the air filter too.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well I could only go two days of Eco, elderly driving.. No offense. I wish I had the patience to see how high I could get this mpg but let's face it driving like a snail is utterly boring. This car is meant to move and I love it mor and more each day I wake up:)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah lucky for me I live in a city that does sleep and most of my miles are gained at night. It's really easy to concentrate on keeping that mpg gauge up and not worrying about other motorist.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Fuelly has me (well Trudy) at 40.8.... TripA which has not been reset since I bought her last April reads 39.6. Methinks that is pretty darn good for almost 13k of mixed driving!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
125 Posts
wait noob moment here .... does each trip count have its own mpg average ? if so trip b for me is from 10 miles on the odometer basically its very first miles of its life

61 - 80 of 105 Posts