Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
No worries at all! There certainly are part differences between the markets but based on the two regional parts catalogs they appear the same. And that's a great question but I have no idea what specifically was changed on the driveshafts. Honda will regularly do this with parts and I know in the past its been due to both minor and significant changes to the part. Minor like can't even tell what was changed and significant in yeah they definitely changed this finish or that seal. And in my experience when ordering even if you put in the old part number they will send out the new one.
I got a new off side "passenger side abroad" driveshaft from Fort Lauderdale for my UK crz gt 2010. It was exact part number honda dealership specified the new part number has a slight change to the rubber boot so I was a bit worried. But with some past parts manager experience I thought they may have "tweaked" it, so a new part number is understandable.
All fitted 1.4 hours installation time. And have my baby back. I ordered the part Thursday evening and arrived by air freight to my door Monday morning!
I just hope this helps someone else on here. I spent hours trawling the Internet!
Now that pesky nearside door handle that's failing! Pah I don't use that door lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
If somebody is desperate there’s one for sale on Ebay UK

I got a new off side "passenger side abroad" driveshaft from Fort Lauderdale for my UK crz gt 2010. It was exact part number honda dealership specified the new part number has a slight change to the rubber boot so I was a bit worried. But with some past parts manager experience I thought they may have "tweaked" it, so a new part number is understandable.
All fitted 1.4 hours installation time. And have my baby back. I ordered the part Thursday evening and arrived by air freight to my door Monday morning!
I just hope this helps someone else on here. I spent hours trawling the Internet!
Now that pesky nearside door handle that's failing! Pah I don't use that door lol

·
Registered
516 Posts
$195 is actually a fair price. However, $100 shipping and import duties will make it about €350. Still relatively cheap.

Are these axles from Wholesale Parts Express new or used?

·
Don't abuse the report button
2,230 Posts
I can get new non Honda replacements for approx £300 in the UK.

Managed to get mine sorted.
Could you please share a link so that others can be helped too?
Let this stand as a public note from the forum staff: Do not respond to DMs asking for money or follow any links sent via DM.

@playercustoms share your links publicly, not through DM.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I didn’t get a DM and I am not looking for a driveshaft (luckily ;)). However, I know it’s hard for people in Europe to find CR-Z parts. So a link would be very helpful for people facing this issue.

·
IMA Enthusiast
1,259 Posts
According to the parts diagrams yes its the same driveshaft part for USDM and UKDM. These are fully assembled driveshafts:

2011-2012:
44305-SZT-G01 is the Right side of the car
44306-SZT-G01 is the Left side of the car.

2011-2012 superseded part number (old):
44305-SZT-G00
44306-SZT-G00

2013-2016:
44305-SZT-G51 Right side
44306-SZT-G51 Left side

2013-2016 superseded part number (old):
44305-SZT-G50 R
44306-SZT-G50 L

In the parts diagrams if a part is listed L or R that is the side of the vehicle (as if you were sitting in it looking forward) regardless of which side the steering wheel is on. R is always the right side, as a right hand turn is always a right hand turn regardless if you drive on the left or right side of the road.

I don't believe this is correct. They're showing the same part numbers for LHD and RHD, ie UKDM and USDM are showing the same exact driveshaft parts.
Lots of good info in this thread but I'm still confused. :rolleyes: So a simple question for a manual car....

Are the 2010-2012 driveshafts compatible with the later 2013 onwards Lithium Cars? Y/N

·
Don't abuse the report button
2,230 Posts
Lots of good info in this thread but I'm still confused. :rolleyes: So a simple question for a manual car....

Are the 2010-2012 driveshafts compatible with the later 2013 onwards Lithium Cars? Y/N
Short answer: they will fit.

Long answer: they may break more easily if you drive the piss out of the car, but they may not - I don't think we know for certain if the newer cars actually got beefier axles

41 - 52 of 52 Posts