Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
161 - 180 of 217 Posts
Definitly a goal to work towards. I almost went for the HKS exhaust just to put an exhaust on ZOOM. There is some youtuber out there that had an exhaust shop do a custom straight pipe center dual exhaust on the car. he even took the catalyst out of the second cat. It was LOUD... I think he paid less then $500 for it.

Discussion starter · #163 ·
Yea I follow that channel :)

I do wish I had more exhaust crackle still.

I've thought about buying another hpd muffler pipe and chopping off the muffler for a straight pipe setup.

Hpd muffler is about $630. I still want to keep the other muffler just in case I get too much attention from the cops.

Discussion starter · #167 ·
Hpd muffler is about $630. I still want to keep the other muffler just in case I get too much attention from the cops.
*waves hand like a Jedi* you want to give the other muffler to me

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

The other pipe is another $700 about. Does not include hardware and the diffuser ($300) for the HPD exhaust.

Mine definitely got louder with the tegiwa downpipe. It will be even louder with the muffler delete and still have near perfect fitament. As long as VA doesn't adopt CA smog laws I think I should be fine.

Reactions: CrzyCRZ
Mine definitely got louder with the tegiwa downpipe. It will be even louder with the muffler delete and still have near perfect fitament. As long as VA doesn't adopt CA smog laws I think I should be fine.

You have a sound/video clip of your current set up by any chance ?

Yea lame CA smog and exhaust noise restriction ...

I can get a recording of it tomorrow.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WWC2r3mdPfMHyqNWA

These are some in cabin, outside revs and drive by sound clips of my HPD + Tegiwa downpipe. I can get it to pop if I use the paddle shifters :grin2::grin2::grin2:. If you cant get to them I can try to upload them another way.

I can also try to get some sound clips of the Turbo Mustang for comparison. It may not be as loud as the room mates 5.0 (V8) but it sure beats the snot out of the Z.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WWC2r3mdPfMHyqNWA

These are some in cabin, outside revs and drive by sound clips of my HPD + Tegiwa downpipe. I can get it to pop if I use the paddle shifters :grin2::grin2::grin2:. If you cant get to them I can try to upload them another way.

Oh Mai oh mai !!!! Sounds sooooo good with that downpipe [emoji50][emoji50][emoji50][emoji2962][emoji2962][emoji2962][emoji36][emoji36]
I am so jealous hahaha

Discussion starter · #180 ·
I could listen to that all day.... bang bang!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

161 - 180 of 217 Posts