Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Wondering of anyone has tried this. Thinking of trying to fabricate something from parts. Ideally I'd like something whereby I can open the cubby and a mounting (probably magnetic) allows you to drop the phone in place like the touchscreens mounted high-up in most modern cars. When the phone is removed the cubby should close as normal.

Only concern I have is whether driving around with the cubby open would cause it to break etc.

I'll post any updates as I go if I get anywhere with this idea!

·
Registered
2015 Honda CR-Z Base MT PWP
48 Posts
If you're trying to get a mount located near the cubby, a CD slot mount is a pretty good option. I've been using this one since I got my car:

iOttie CD slot mount

Of course there are plenty of other options out there that have magnetic mounting plates and/or qi charging.

Also, when I've driven with the cubby cracked open it does tend to rattle, though a mounting solution that keeps it open all the way might be able to avoid this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone tried the WeatherTech cup holder in the CRZ yet?
Yes. It does not work very well in my 2013 EX.. You can also buy an extension arm for the Cup Phone, which does help some. However, I would not recommend the Cup Phone for the CR-Z.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yes. It does not work very well in my 2013 EX.. You can also buy an extension arm for the Cup Phone, which does help some. However, I would not recommend the Cup Phone for the CR-Z.

Thanks for the reply cpace. My local Honda dealer has them for a reasonable price and I had been thinking about getting one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts