Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installed both the Cusco front lower bars today. pretty straight forward install. you do have to cut the plastic belly pan to fit around the 1 bar.

you have to dremel the plastic off that surrounds this screw. (1 on each side)

sorry for the blurry photo, on my back under the car isn't exactly the most comfortable place to take a photo.

torque setting for all of these bolts is 69 ft lbs.

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so far in all my driving, the rear hatch area is what's been making noise. i have had a couple of pops and cracks when taking turns overly aggressive. i am going to work on the rear next.

i have the HKS Kansai rear tower brace sitting in my garage. it's not installed because i have to pull the entire rear hatch plastic out to install the bar. total PITA install.

the front lower bars are fine and are relatively inexpensive. i haven't decided on an upper front strut bar because i am waiting on the MFG's to tell me how they attach to the chassis. HKS Kansai looks to attach near the front struts but there are no bolts in that area. the Cusco, attaches to the front sheet metal which is very thin and i don't know if that's going to work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.