Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installed both the Cusco front lower bars today. pretty straight forward install. you do have to cut the plastic belly pan to fit around the 1 bar.

you have to dremel the plastic off that surrounds this screw. (1 on each side)

sorry for the blurry photo, on my back under the car isn't exactly the most comfortable place to take a photo.

torque setting for all of these bolts is 69 ft lbs.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks good but I would be surprised if you felt a difference. Been on more forums than I can remember in my life and I have heard everything from "strut bars don't work" all the way to "they are great". Both viewpoints would have stickys explaining why.

Anyways, it probably depends on the car. CR-Z supposedly has the stiffness of a CTR so it don't know how much more stiffening it needs.

Also, you may not been able to feel a difference unless the car is pushed to its limits and at the very limit, the bars may allow you to go this much further, for example.

But what do I know?? I've never bought a strut bar for any car I've owned so who knows.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so far in all my driving, the rear hatch area is what's been making noise. i have had a couple of pops and cracks when taking turns overly aggressive. i am going to work on the rear next.

i have the HKS Kansai rear tower brace sitting in my garage. it's not installed because i have to pull the entire rear hatch plastic out to install the bar. total PITA install.

the front lower bars are fine and are relatively inexpensive. i haven't decided on an upper front strut bar because i am waiting on the MFG's to tell me how they attach to the chassis. HKS Kansai looks to attach near the front struts but there are no bolts in that area. the Cusco, attaches to the front sheet metal which is very thin and i don't know if that's going to work.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
so far in all my driving, the rear hatch area is what's been making noise. i have had a couple of pops and cracks when taking turns overly aggressive. i am going to work on the rear next.

i have the HKS Kansai rear tower brace sitting in my garage. it's not installed because i have to pull the entire rear hatch plastic out to install the bar. total PITA install.

the front lower bars are fine and are relatively inexpensive. i haven't decided on an upper front strut bar because i am waiting on the MFG's to tell me how they attach to the chassis. HKS Kansai looks to attach near the front struts but there are no bolts in that area. the Cusco, attaches to the front sheet metal which is very thin and i don't know if that's going to work.
So you do notice a difference? Can you explain how it feels comapred to stock? What do you plan for the rear? The Cusco add on type sway bar thingy (IDK) looks good. So does a full replacement bar. I can't decide.

Also, have you considered the Spoon rib cage for the front? It's expensive, but it's the only bracing available for the CRZ that's worth it's salt. Might be kind of a PITA if you need to work on the engine, though. Looks like you'd have to remove it for certain things.

Edit: Have you seen this from our new vendor, kami Speed?
http://www.kamispeed.com/Kansai-Service-Rear-Chassis-Brace-CR-Z-p/ksi.ksh003.htm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.