Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how much it would cost to purchase the "cup holder trim" from the EDM spec CRZ?

i'm sure no one knows what i'm talking about so please check page 4 of the instructions on how to install the armrest from college hills.

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/crz/2011/armrestconsole.pdf

i know this seems like an odd question but i would like to get his piece if possible.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Does anybody know how much it would cost to purchase the "cup holder trim" from the EDM spec CRZ?

i'm sure no one knows what i'm talking about so please check page 4 of the instructions on how to install the armrest from college hills.

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/crz/2011/armrestconsole.pdf

i know this seems like an odd question but i would like to get his piece if possible.
I want to get this straight...so you have the arm rest, but you want the cup holder instead?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not at all. i don't think i'm going to get the arm rest until somebody who has had it installed takes a pic of it as i'm unsure of whether the armrest will get in the way of shifting or not. the reason i ask for this particular piece is because i plan on getting heated seats and i prefer an oem look so i would want the original buttons. the EDM spec CRZ has heated seats and the cup holder trim would have holes in them designed for the buttons

·
Registered
200 Posts
I see what you are saying now. Your best bet for something like that would be to talk one of our European members into buying one with the switches and shipping it over. That's not going to be some sort of high-demand mod that a company will import a bunch of.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heres a picture of the cup holder trim and the arm rest both open and closed from my UK spec GT version

Hoe these are of help

they definitely do. in fact that is exactly the peice i'm looking for. the cupholder trim is slightly different than the USD ones. i believe ours is slightly more tapered due to the lack of heated seat buttons. would it be possible for you to check how much it would cost to get that specific trim piece?

·
Registered
41 Posts
It took me about 2 hours, did not want to screw anything up, the instructions are good, read them carefully, the link to the instructions is listed above, it is not a big job, just have to be carefull with the plastic.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a picture of my arm on the arm rest, click on my Garage pictures, even though I have an auto, the height and distance seem to be good for a stick.
the pix look great scotty. it seems to not get in the way of automatics but i've put a down for standard and i think the shifter sits a little lower than the auto. i would love to have an armrest as i'm used to it in my 08 accord but i'm concerned i wouldn't be able to shift properly

·
Registered
41 Posts
I feel that people do not realize how the armrest works, It Flips up, if you do not want it, flip it out of the way, I have added 3 new pictures in my garage to show how it looks in the up position, hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
the pix look great scotty. it seems to not get in the way of automatics but i've put a down for standard and i think the shifter sits a little lower than the auto. i would love to have an armrest as i'm used to it in my 08 accord but i'm concerned i wouldn't be able to shift properly
I have 6MT... and the armrest/console... love it... works great. The only thing it does it get in the way of the brake lever when the console arm is extended... otherwise, no issues.

Europe Honda Parts (at your own risk! :pP:)

Honda Parts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.