Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before everyone jumps on me or has negative things to say please understand I am only reporting what I have been told. I have a close friend in Japan on a two year work contract and he has met a person working for Honda in R and D. This person worked for the last two years on the development of the CRZ. He continues according to what he has told my friend to work on the " new " CRZ. He indicates it will be a CRZ R type.
Honda feels they are missing out on some of the market share and can develop additional income with this new car. It will be shown if it stays on the current timetable in the 2011 Toyko Car Show.
The car basically looks the same but has increased suspension making for a tighter more race car type suspension and steering. The car is lowered one inch from this years model. The tires will be 17" not the 16 as standard eqiupment today. The electric batt will produce up to 50 HP and they have them now ready for production as well as the engine itself will be brought up to 150 HP from its current form. So if this is correct we will have a 200 HP better suspension lowered slightly vehicle at the end of 2011 or beginning of 2012. He also indicates the pewter and maybe one other color will be added to the USA fleet. Regarding price there will be an increase but not that much he said that's based on production models and marketing and they are studying the curent car sales and international demand...also the regular model will continue to be sold this model is a sports upgrade and will have a super sports button so now 4 buttons instead of the current three. In super the engine sucks in more air and the exhaust creates more air flow... we will see if this is correct at the Toyko Auto Show... CRZ R ... :thumbsup:

· Registered
123 Posts
Sounds good, if it happens. Still will have fun with my 2011 crz and if the new one is what you say it is I will get that one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.