Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a "Insurance Change" letter yesterday informing me that my CRZ coverage was going up $30 a month due to a " change of vehicle rating group for collision coverage". My "vehicle safety discount" was also removed. I've called my agent and waiting for his return call to explain to me WHY and WHAT has happened to make this change. Has anyone else received notice that their rates are going up???

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
insurance rates JUMPED

dunno, but sounds like u need to change ur insurance company now :popcorn:
My insurance agent is checking with corporate to find out exactly what made the changes happen. I want an answer. "Vehicle safety discount removed" is what worries me. How did they base their information to take this OFF?????

Waiting for the return call.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Rate changes would normally occur at renewal time.

Sometimes errors can happen thou. Rating symbols can change and result in mid term policy changes. I've only seen it happen in MA but different companies may have different errors.

Time to go rate shopping I'd say!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I received a "Insurance Change" letter yesterday informing me that my CRZ coverage was going up $30 a month due to a " change of vehicle rating group for collision coverage". My "vehicle safety discount" was also removed. I've called my agent and waiting for his return call to explain to me WHY and WHAT has happened to make this change. Has anyone else received notice that their rates are going up???
What insurance company are you with?

I'd like to ask many Q. LoL!

Seriously, How many cars on your policy?

There I go again.

I sure am wondering.

CRz for you and me.

-Roger

·
Registered
106 Posts
I switched from progressive ($99/month) to gieco and now pay $70/month for a little bit better coverage.
:thumbsup:

There you go blabbing the company I'm with, that saved me money, over the SX4 that I traded for the CRz.

Good to know by the way.

We who drive the CRz are trustworthy, helpful, friendly, and all that.

-Roger

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What insurance company are you with?

I'd like to ask many Q. LoL!

Seriously, How many cars on your policy?

There I go again.

I sure am wondering.

CRz for you and me.

-Roger
I'm with StateFarm and have been with them 30+ years. No points ever on my policy.

Currently I have two vehicles on the policy, my CRZ and hubby's 2003 Ford Ranger.

Never had any problems until this letter came yesterday.

I just want an explanation on why my vehicle safety discount was removed and how they came to this decision. What has happened???

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm with StateFarm and have been with them 30+ years. No points ever on my policy.

Currently I have two vehicles on the policy, my CRZ and hubby's 2003 Ford Ranger.

Never had any problems until this letter came yesterday.

I just want an explanation on why my vehicle safety discount was removed and how they came to this decision. What has happened???
I don't know. So I would give you now the same advise bizzybear gave you.
dunno, but sounds like u need to change ur insurance company now
Go to Geico online and get a quote.

You and yours can make your decision from the quote.

Please let us know how everything turns out.

Yours truly,

-Roger

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just called my agent, and no pending changes or discount removals show for my policy.

Thats really odd that they are removing yours.
My policy renewal is the middle of May. When is yours? I would watch closely to see if they change it at renewal.

I'm still waiting for my agents phone reply to find out why mine has changed.

I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
807 Posts
My CRZ actually costs 30% more per month for full coverage than my Porsche!

I found this astonishing, and demanded details from my agent. He said it has to do with cost to repair the vehicle in a 35mph crash.

Kinda hard to swallow that a 23k Honda costs more to insure than a car over twice the cost!

What about the crash test? I thought the crash test results were favorable on this car?

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts

I found this astonishing, and demanded details from my agent. He said it has to do with cost to repair the vehicle in a 35mph crash.

Kinda hard to swallow that a 23k Honda costs more to insure than a car over twice the cost!

What about the crash test? I thought the crash test results were favorable on this car?
Crash results might be good but the cost to fix it could be a whole new story.

·
Registered
438 Posts

My CRZ costs me more then my Cayman S as well, but I have the Cayman on the "recreational" policy. Less then 10k miles per year. Do you have yours on the same? or is it a full time drive car?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.