Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had to have my 2011 CRZ EX alignment done. my front right wheel was out of tolerance which caused a slight pull to the left.

the honda dealer spec'd it to a 2010 insight - i guess they should be the same??

Here's from the printout:

Front: Left Front: Right

-1.0d to 1.0d Camber -1.0d to 1.0d
2.3d to 4.3d Caster 2.3d to 4.3d
-.12d to 0.12d Toe -0.12d to 0.12d

Front:

Cross Camber: -0.8d to 0.8d
Total Toe: -0.24 to 0.24d

Rear: Left Rear: Right

-2.0d to 0.0d Camber -2.0d to 0.0d
0.00d to 0.20d Toe 0.00d to 0.20d

Rear:

Total Toe:

0.00d to 0.39d

later
dan

·
Registered
234 Posts
They have both the same chassis but the CRZ is shorter.
I wonder if they both have the same caster and toe because of the shorter wheelsbase. Forget about the chamber. ;)

Why don't you write Honda an email and ask? ;)

Otherwise if you are not going onto a track it's not really important. I'ld hold the numbers as small as possible to prevent huge tire wear.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sorry to hear that your car was out of spec. Alignment is an obsession of mine, so I sympathize when someone has problems.

I assume the alignment was satisfactory - did the dealer solve the problem? I agree that you should probably email Honda for specific CR-Z specs. Although the Insight is similar, the CR-Z may have different specs due to its performance bias. As with most factory alignments, I'll bet the specs are probably almost dead-straight all around with lots of slop in the tolerances.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
i wouldn't worry about it too much... cars sometimes get pulled too tight when loading on the delivery trucks and they have to be aligned when they get to the dealership...

They have both the same chassis but the CRZ is shorter.
I wonder if they both have the same caster and toe because of the shorter wheelsbase. Forget about the chamber. ;)
actually the chassis are NOT the same... the CR-Z was build on a SIMILAR platform... but the codes are not the same hence, different chassis...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.