Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I traded in for the CRZ was a 2007 Toyota Tundra. What it actually is replacing is a 1990 celica all trac turbo. I loved the car, but it got so costly to maintain. I sold it to a really nice guy in Winnepeg.

I also have a 2000 mr2 spyder I bought new. It only has about 16.5 miles.

I had been watching the CRZ and finally just bit the hook.

I have only had the car since last Monday. I bought the CVT because this will be my main car, and I don't want to deal with a manual transmission in traffic. Been there, done that. It is a pain to have a manual in stop start traffic.

I am loving this little car. It is quick enough. Handles twisty roads well. I read others complaints about the Dunlop SP7000, but I have driven it in snow. Took delivery on snow, and had no problems.

I used to put Dunlops on the all trac, and they wear out quick. But with lots of tread, they are okay tires.

In sport mode, this is a sports car. In normal it is a decent daily driver. I don't think I will ever use the car in econ mode period. I pressed that button once, and it might as well have been the original prius.

I don't modify cars. I just keep them up, to spec.

My car obviously has new car miles, less than 500.

I didn't get the nav. The extra cost wasn't worth it to me. I got the EX. I am having custom leather put in mine.

Would like to hear from other new owners about their experiences with breaking the car in and their driving impressions.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
^ Congrats and welcome to the club...

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I LOVE THIS CAR!

Caps on purpose. I think why did I send so much money keeping the all trac. I imagine that in sport mode I will get poor gas mileage for a hybrid. WHO CARES!. Very quick in sport mode. Kind of nice to tone it down with a touch of the button when you have to drive civil in traffic. I mean to Norm. I don't think I will ever use econ. Drives like a slug in econ.

Beats paying for premium gas. I put 400 miles on it already just getting used to it.

And I have caught people just looking at the car and just smiling.

People say buy a truck, you will be safe in it. Maybe true. But I feel safer in this car, and if crap happens, at least I will go out with a smile on my face.:hi5:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am really loving this car. Just turned 1300 miles. I really like the Ipod drawer.

Very quick in sport mode but due to the quickly rising oil prices in IL drive it Norm mostly.

I did order a K&N filter because that way I can control having a clean breatheable filter.

I do plan to change to Amsoil on the 1st oil change.

I think this car is a quick as the old cult classic all trac.

I read about others issues on snow/slick road. I haven't had that problem. All trac was RWD unless slippery, and then AWD system activated the front wheels.

Issue in adjusting to driving it was FWD all the time. Kind of like my mr2 spyder (which I now have up for sale because I think the CRZ is a better car for my needs). You can lose the back end if you don't drive conservatively on slick weather.

Very good brakes.

I think my solution on this will be to buy a set of snow tires. Blizzaks or Michelin x-Ice.

I had dunlop SP5000's on the all trac for many years. They were so-so on snow. Michelin Exalto Pilots were perfect. They don't come in the size 195 55 16 for the crz.

NTB said sp7000 are a 3 season tire. Not good on real snow or real slippery. But a decent sport tire.

These type of tires wear quick no matter who makes them.

So far, my mpg are between 38 and 42. On a new engine, on regular gas. I am loving it.

I used to get on my best days 19 mpg on premium.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.