Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,488 Posts
^ its not a static number. the battery charges and discharges during the commute. When you brake it charges, when you accelerate it discharges. It discharges faster while youre on a hill under constant load. Driving at a constant speed on the highway will charge it a small amount. The gas motor and the battery go hand in hand so there is no way to say specifically how many miles the battery will last.

· Registered
2,488 Posts
OH i think i misunderstood you. Youre asking how many miles you can rack up on the odo before the battery needs a complete replacement?

If thats what youre asking, the original Insight used a similar IMA system. That car had great reliability even when it came to the battery. Also, the battery in the CRZ is warrantied for a LONG time. I think its something crazy like 5- 8 years. In another thread i also saw that an insight battery replacement at a dealer cost 2500 approx for parts and labor. Not an expensive repair - and you shouldnt have to worry about it for at least 5 years.

· Registered
2,488 Posts
here:

My dealer took a 2000 Insight 5mt in trade earlier this year which needed a battery replacement. I looked at the car initially while they were waiting for the new battery pack, then they replaced the battery pack, and 3 days later I was test driving the car with the new pack. They said the service bill was around $2500 total, parts and labor. 3 days and $2500 for a repair on a 10 year old car is not out of the ordinary. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a hybrid.
http://www.crzforum.com/forum/engine-battery-discussion/14-replacement-cost-battery-4.html

That thread has a bunch of conflicting information about prices and repairs but the general concensus is that the battery should last a long while.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.