Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Whats the price for both the DRL plug and play RGB bulbs and the RGB Angle Eyes sets?
I will install them myself, just looking for a price on the bulbs shipped to 34684.
The RGB bulbs are $75 + either $25 or $75 depending on which remote you go with. The angel eye pricing depends on which size you go with, but I would estimate about $80

You can use the same remote for both bulbs, and they ship free if you send us a PM for the free-shipping code

Nick C.

·
Supporting Vendor
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Are those DRL's going to throw codes? They look seriously bright, I had the Ijdmtoy DRL'S but for some reason I could never get the codes to go away and they weren't very bright. Do they also have the high beam function?
We will be designing a bulb specifically for the DRL's in the CRZ once we get one in our studio for product comparison shots and testing.

At the moment, our XP80 LEDs (510 lumens) will give you a code, but you can get rid of the code with a warning canceler (capacitor) or possibly by adding an inline resistor.

Our newest LED for the high beams, will provide 1,450 lumens (measured) which is plenty of usable output.

Still looking for a CRZ here in St. Louis and then we will have CRZ-specific installation videos and products

Nick C.

·
1,322 Posts
Here's the basic installation process for the RGB Fog lights / DRL's

How to Install Multicolor Fog Light / DRL Bulbs from Diode Dynamics - YouTube

Just need to find a CRZ owner here in town :popcorn:

Nick C.
Is this kit safe to install into the fog light area? The units and connections don't look water-tight, which would be a problem in a car as small as the CR-Z going through puddles or heavy rain. Do you have suggestions on waterproofing the setup, or should it be ok?

·
Supporting Vendor
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Is this kit safe to install into the fog light area? The units and connections don't look water-tight, which would be a problem in a car as small as the CR-Z going through puddles or heavy rain. Do you have suggestions on waterproofing the setup, or should it be ok?
The bulb is perfectly safe to run, and has the same fitment as OEM. Notice the red-gasket at the base of this bulb:

It locks into place securely and creates a water-tight seal just like a regular halogen bulb

If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.

·
1,322 Posts
The bulb is perfectly safe to run, and has the same fitment as OEM. Notice the red-gasket at the base of this bulb:

It locks into place securely and creates a water-tight seal just like a regular halogen bulb

If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.
Right, I realize the bulb itself is shielded by a watertight gasket, but the wiring and connections to the car's electrics will all be outside that housing, correct? As in, the LED controller, power box and wires are all unshielded from water. How would you prevent any of that other stuff from shorting out by water?

·
Supporting Vendor
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Right, I realize the bulb itself is shielded by a watertight gasket, but the wiring and connections to the car's electrics will all be outside that housing, correct? As in, the LED controller, power box and wires are all unshielded from water. How would you prevent any of that other stuff from shorting out by water?
The RF controller boxes are potted and waterproof

It should be placed in the engine bay, and won't cause any issues with the car's electronics.

How to Install Multicolor Fog Light / DRL Bulbs from Diode Dynamics - YouTube

Nick C.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Chat with an expert on our site

Diode Dynamics

Nick C.
I bought the RGB kit last March. Could I return it for a full refund or exchange of some sort? I have changed my mind in what I want to do, but DD is still in my plans.

·
Supporting Vendor
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I bought the RGB kit last March. Could I return it for a full refund or exchange of some sort? I have changed my mind in what I want to do, but DD is still in my plans.

Please give us a call and we can provide you with more warranty assistance: (314) 205-3033

Thanks!
Nick C.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts