Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CRZ Footwell LED Kit! RGB Multicolor & Single color options! Control W/Smartphone App

Looking to add a fresh look to your CRZ's interior? Footwell LEDs are the way to do it! By adding bright LED strips under your dash, you can add a lot to the look of your vehicle.

Diode Dynamics has been producing and designing easy-to-install LED kits for nearly a decade, and this kit is no exception. After months of planning, we have designed new LED strips to be used in this kit, which are highly flexible, waterproof, and long-lasting. This kit also uses our brand new RGB Multicolor products, which are controlled by the included remote! You can change the color to fit your mood, or adjust the brightness to your preferred settings.

Included in the kit:
  • 2 (two) 30-5050 SMD Strips (flexible and IP67 waterproof)
  • Wiring harness for easy installation
  • 2 (two) quick-splices for installation
  • LED Toggle switch in your choice of LED color
  • RGB Controller Box with IR sensor and 4 outputs
  • Remote Control (choose Standard or upgrade to RF or WiFi)
  • 4 (four) zip-ties and 3M outdoor adhesive pads for mounting strips
  • Three-year Diode Dynamics worry-free limited warranty
  • 30-day satisfaction guarantee
Also included with rear footwell option:

• 2 (two) additional 30-5050 SMD Strips (flexible and waterproof)
  • 2 (two) 3-meter (ten-foot) extension wires
  • Additional zip-ties and adhesive pads

Any questions email us at [email protected] or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Red&Black
5,986 Posts
Thats a good price, and simple (just two splices).

With the splicing, would these replace the blue lighting the crz already has, or would these just overpower it (the stock blue lighting is dim)?

Interested in red, because I already swapped out all the bulbs in my interior for red LEDs!

·
Supporting Vendor
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats a good price, and simple (just two splices).

With the splicing, would these replace the blue lighting the crz already has, or would these just overpower it (the stock blue lighting is dim)?

Interested in red, because I already swapped out all the bulbs in my interior for red LEDs!
You're basically just adding an LED strip in each footwell area, it's not going to replace anything.

They are very bright, and if you go with the RGB kit, they can be dimmed using one of our RGB remotes

Nick C.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi looked at your site the kit looks cool. Do you post to the UK ? Also couldn't find it but can you add a strip under the hood front bumper gap we have on our CRZ , it would need to be waterproof.

·
Supporting Vendor
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi looked at your site the kit looks cool. Do you post to the UK ? Also couldn't find it but can you add a strip under the hood front bumper gap we have on our CRZ , it would need to be waterproof.
We do ship internationally,

These strips are IP67 waterproof, and could be added to the exterior of your CRZ

For more information, send us an email: [email protected]

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Do you have a kit to replace all the leds?? Are the footwell lights the only ones that come multicolor?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Love the kit...just finding some time to install it...the controller is going to be cool!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I am getting ready to install and plugged in a 12v 1000ma dc power brick into the controller. All four stripe lit up green, but the remote controller did not seem to do anything. I, of course, pulled the protective plastic tab on the battery, but still no luck. I have not checked voltage on the battery, but does that sound like it is the issue?

·
Supporting Vendor
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am getting ready to install and plugged in a 12v 1000ma dc power brick into the controller. All four stripe lit up green, but the remote controller did not seem to do anything. I, of course, pulled the protective plastic tab on the battery, but still no luck. I have not checked voltage on the battery, but does that sound like it is the issue?
It sounds like the controller isn't installed properly. Give us a call and we can help you troubleshoot: (314) 205-3033

We will get you taken care of :)

Nick C.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just received the set with the WiFi controller. Sweeeeet. Worked out of the box with my Nexus 5.
Simple wiring and there is enough room behind the fuse panel cover to 3M the module onto the cover.
Setup is straight forward and the lights are nice and bright.
Pictures won't show the effects, but I give it a 10/10 if you want to light up your car.

B

·
Supporting Vendor
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just received the set with the WiFi controller. Sweeeeet. Worked out of the box with my Nexus 5.
Simple wiring and there is enough room behind the fuse panel cover to 3M the module onto the cover.
Setup is straight forward and the lights are nice and bright.
Pictures won't show the effects, but I give it a 10/10 if you want to light up your car.

B
B,

Have you posted any pictures yet? I'm really looking forward to seeing it! :wavey:

Nick C.

·
Supporting Vendor
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm very interested in this but no purple lights. :( Any plans to add purple to the mix?
The RGB Multicolor kit can be changed to any color and any shade (including purple), plus with the multicolor kit you can easily adjust the brightness

Nick C.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts