Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone do me a favor and weigh the rim and tire?

I'm looking at new setup and would like to keep it the same as stock or lighter, but with wider tires and bigger rims.

Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
237 Posts
Can anyone do me a favor and weigh the rim and tire?

I'm looking at new setup and would like to keep it the same as stock or lighter, but with wider tires and bigger rims.

Thanks in advance..
It's going to be hard, they are really pretty damn light.

I'm planning on test fitting my RPF1's tonight so I'll get a weight on the stock wheel/tire setup for you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think "Bigger", "Wider", and "Lighter" don't often go together.
Racing wheels can be had in any size, bolt pattern, and offset you could ever want.
Problem is that a good, light racing wheel won't last very long on the street.

·
Registered
145 Posts
my oem 16x6 tire/wheel weighed 35lbs.
inflated/balanced with valve stem - TPM sensor tranferred to my new set.

not bad.

i think my SSR Type-F 18" are 17.4lbs + 22lbs Hankook ventus v12 = 39.4lbs
(larger wheel/tire.)

later
dan

p.s. my DPEs/falkins 6125 i had on my sky redline (18x8 front and 18/10 rear) were 45/49lbs respectively.
not sure of my 911/996 carrrera 18" rims/perelli pzeros.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Enkei rpf1 17x7 is about 14.6 lbs with 215/45/17 tires is about 23lbs.

That's total of 37.6 lbs...2lbs heavier then stock small rims and tires..I say it's worth the sacrifice for better looks and better handling.

Moline,

Thanks for the info on the stock setup.

·
Registered
145 Posts
enkei rpf are nice rims. was looking at them! posts some pics when you get!!!

i agree 37-39lbs for 17/18lbs for more aggressive wheels/tires are a small price to pay.

the oem 16x6 don't cut it!!!

(don't know about others, but i was all of the road >70mph
on the freeway. but i have some alignment issues also.)

later
dan

p.s. one of the salesman at the H dealer i bought my car from, went into great detail about how he beat a H drive on the salom with a stock CRZ. he went on to say that these dunlaps were "fine" for the car. i was never impressed with dunlap - ever since i had them on one of my 4runners.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
enkei rpf are nice rims. was looking at them! posts some pics when you get!!!

i agree 37-39lbs for 17/18lbs for more aggressive wheels/tires are a small price to pay.

the oem 16x6 don't cut it!!!

(don't know about others, but i was all of the road >70mph
on the freeway. but i have some alignment issues also.)

later
dan

p.s. one of the salesman at the H dealer i bought my car from, went into great detail about how he beat a H drive on the salom with a stock CRZ. he went on to say that these dunlaps were "fine" for the car. i was never impressed with dunlap - ever since i had them on one of my 4runners.
How long were you on the dunlops before you got the new rims?

When i went out on an test drive and took a decent corner it over steered pretty bad...but then again the tires are fresh and not broken in yet.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
was only 2 weeks on the stock oem. i only took the crz on city for a test drive. was impressed, but yes oversteer.

just alittle tooo soft for me for a 2 seater.

later
dan
Ic...new tires takes a few hundred miles to really break them in, but 195's ain't gonna cut it..

Im curious if you've experience any rub from pot holes or dips on the road with ur setup now that you've put some miles on it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
spooncrz

no, not at all. i'm surprise also. we have some dip here in my part of town and no problems at all.

my test has always been the 405 north/ sepulveda pass. in the fast lane by the 405/101
there's a HUGH dip in the lane. (it used to be an emergency lane - made it into a fast lane for trasffic flow.) i tested the sky redline with the 18" on it to make sure (10" in the rear were pushing it.) no problems with the current setup. and i was going 80mph.
(still taking it easy.)

later
dan

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
spooncrz

no, not at all. i'm surprise also. we have some dip here in my part of town and no problems at all.

my test has always been the 405 north/ sepulveda pass. in the fast lane by the 405/101
there's a HUGH dip in the lane. (it used to be an emergency lane - made it into a fast lane for trasffic flow.) i tested the sky redline with the 18" on it to make sure (10" in the rear were pushing it.) no problems with the current setup. and i was going 80mph.
(still taking it easy.)

later
dan
:thumbsup:

Glad all is well...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I think "Bigger", "Wider", and "Lighter" don't often go together.
Racing wheels can be had in any size, bolt pattern, and offset you could ever want.
Problem is that a good, light racing wheel won't last very long on the street.
I beg to differ. The quoted words in your post don't go with 'cheap'. You can get wheels for racing that will work fine on the street; BBS, OZ, ProDrive (mostly for Subarus and Porsche), etc. They just cost quite a bit more than your average wheel.

I've found some OZ wheels that I really like. Pretty expensive ($1,300 for a set), but that's the price you pay for "Light", "Wider", "Lighter" and 'street". I'll be wraping them in Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec.
If I stay with the stock wheels I'll use these: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...5VR6Z1SS&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

If I get a 17" I'll use the same tire, just different size.

I'm aware of the road noise.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
the stock wheels are light... its gonna be hard to find a combination of wheel and tire that saves weight in a larger size...

EDIT: Volk TE's in 17 should be around 15lbs... may be a good starting point.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
for some odd reason i never could get used to the look of the rpf1's. i think theyre great performance wheels though.

im trying to get my CRZ soon. Ill be scouring other forums for a used set of 17in TE's. If you are patient (and dont mind used wheels) you can find some great deals on TE's especially in "conservative" fitment and sizes.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.