Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wanted to give you guys a first peak at the new Espelir Lowering Springs kit. I have been working with Mackin Industries testing their new lowering spring kit for Honda CRZ.

Before:

After:

The car lowered approximately 1.25 inches all around. I am also the first person in the US to have installed the Swift lowering spring kit. The differences between the two brands are the spring designs. Swift is a linear spring where the Espelir is a progressive spring. The Espelir is more geared toward lowering the ride height of the car while keeping comfort the same as stock. The handling characteristics are pretty much the same as stock because of the similar spring rate to stock. This is a great alternative for users who want to close the gab between the fender and wheel while maintaining all the original equipment manufacturer components.

OEM Honda shocks are made by SHOWA. Rebound and compression are fixed too a specific spring rate valving. Stiffer springs change up the shock modulation thus changing the vehicles original driving characteristics. Sometimes it feels better, sometimes it feels worse. This is all relative to the driver's personal preference and driving technique/skill. I think Espelir springs are best matched to "normal" daily driver CRZ owners who are just looking to lower their car without compromising OEM Honda. Those looking to use this product in places with bumpy roads like Detroit shouldn't have anymore complaint from OEM to Espelir. :thumbsup:

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.