Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't a complaint, and I have gotten used to the limited rear visability. However, in the recent rains we had, I gave the rear windshield wiper a try. It made me wonder, 'who thought that a rear window, that is pretty much useless for looking out the back, needed a washer, and wiper set up?' I don't mind it really, and I'll leave it as is, but I did find it curious though. Thoughts?

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
This isn't a complaint, and I have gotten used to the limited rear visability. However, in the recent rains we had, I gave the rear windshield wiper a try. It made me wonder, 'who thought that a rear window, that is pretty much useless for looking out the back, needed a washer, and wiper set up?' I don't mind it really, and I'll leave it as is, but I did find it curious though. Thoughts?
Depends on how high or low you sit. Some have deleted the wiper and some like me find it useful.

·
Registered
149 Posts
For visibility I changed how I sit in the car a few weeks after getting it.
And now that I'm sitting higher up, I actually use the top window more than the bottom window ... so the wiper is getting i's fair share of use.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The car has great visibility out the rear window, It's the corners that are a problem. That said, the wiper is only marginally useful.
That's how I see it too
Straight back is not a problem
Back and to the sides is a real challenge
For those that drive the car a lot you can get comfortable with just using the side view mirrors
For test drive when everything about the car was new and unfamiliar I was indeed a bit overwhelmed by the lack of visability
And of course having the huge price sticker completely blocking the passenger's side window did nothing to help this feeling of claustrophobia.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I found the rear wiper is kinda useless for the rain and agree the lower part of the glass should have a wiper installed (but it will looks stupid). However, I found the crossbar that separate the top and bottom rear window is quite useful, especially driving at night, when some stupid driver having a high beam behind you, the crossbar is totally blocked the high power beam, I start loving this features ... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
664 Posts
im seriously about to put a poster of angelina jolie back there or something so i actually have something to look at coz thats how much use i get out of it lol

the cross bar is really useful to block out really bright lights, but at times can be a safety issue as well coz if the car is back far enough, the car behind you can be completely blocked by the crossbar

i, too, will probably be doing the wiper delete when i stop being lazy

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I found the rear wiper is kinda useless for the rain and agree the lower part of the glass should have a wiper installed (but it will looks stupid). However, I found the crossbar that separate the top and bottom rear window is quite useful, especially driving at night, when some stupid driver having a high beam behind you, the crossbar is totally blocked the high power beam, I start loving this features ... :thumbsup:
So it's not just me being tall noticing this. It's awesome ;)

·
Registered
379 Posts
This, every time I have to take a second look before changing lanes is made up for the peace and tranquility I find when some schmuck in an suv with fake HID super bright blue bulbs on hi beam pulls up behind me and I can't see it,

There is not a smiley to show how much I love this living in NJ

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
it'S great for wiping any type of deposit that's on the window off so you can see when backing up.

there's actually a sensor that detects if the rear window is wet and when you put it in reverse the wiper automatically wipes the window for you. fun stuff.

·
Registered
136 Posts
it'S great for wiping any type of deposit that's on the window off so you can see when backing up.

there's actually a sensor that detects if the rear window is wet and when you put it in reverse the wiper automatically wipes the window for you. fun stuff.
I don't think there's a sensor at the rear windows tho, but it does sweep twice as soon as you shift to reverse if you have the front wiper in either INT, LO or HIGH mode, like this features ... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
270 Posts
I use the rear wiper all the time. Great for snow removal, and to clean the hatch window (I use the rear-view mirror to look out the back all the time when I drive). Rarely give Sherman a bath, so the rear window gets super dirty (no garage either!), so I like using the wiper to clean it a bit with the washer fluid. Use it all the time in the rain too, and love the auto feature in reverse (have to parallel park every single day).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.