Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 1000 miles and I'm trying to make sure to break in the engine trying the different modes and I'm confused. I've noticed the different modes change the shift points so there is better fuel economy in diff gear but going the same speed. I'm confused about sport mode. Will it shift for me or does it just have a governor. It would seem to me that it red lines and auto shifts while accelerating but I'm not sure. Does anyone know exactly how the shifting works in the diff modes?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
In Sport mode the only way it will simu-shift automatically is when it's in M mode. M mode only happens after you've messed with the paddles.

This car w/ CVT is, in my experience, faster if you just leave it in Sport and let it do it's thing. The only times I use the paddles is to hold a gear in a corner/curve or to bring the RPMs up. After I get the RPM where I like, I hit the sport button again to put it back in auto mode. Just let it ride.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Use the paddles to down shift when slowing down.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I used them at an autoX this weekend and noticed that it will not hold a gear at redline. It will shift up to the next gear. I would 'down shift' at each corner to get back into 1st.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.